Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Maximillion

Need your help!!!!!

10 posts in this topic

Okay so I was in a Web class at school and all of a sudden the guy next to me's computer show an uploading bar from Remote Desktop. Then all of a sudden the damn screen goes hay wier and the c drive dissapears but everythings fine.Immediatly when everything was messing up I pulled the ethernet cord. Heres the thing I looked through the event logs and found it was started through Remote Desktop and that he has the schools admin password. I wanna know if theres any way to find the IP address of the person who accessed it usin remote desktop. So if any help is offered i will be much appreciated.

goto a monitor port or the server and run wireshark on it for a few days and then search for admin logins if you have the computers host names labeled right you can find them you can find him. but if he has domain admin he can name himself what ever he wants if its not a domain admin you have to hunt him down by mac address and hope he does not spoof that too ..

or you can just walk around the school and look for some geek and rip em off the computer and check the event log etc...

why would you rat on him? I mean haven't you ever done anything you don't want people to know.

oh an how to catch him...since he sits next to you you could get a hardware keylogger that conects between the keyboard and the computer, then you could use that info to turn him in...or keep it to yourself and be happy knowing your schools admin info

Okay so I was in a Web class at school and all of a sudden the guy next to me's computer show an uploading bar from Remote Desktop. Then all of a sudden the damn screen goes hay wier and the c drive dissapears but everythings fine.Immediatly when everything was messing up I pulled the ethernet cord. Heres the thing I looked through the event logs and found it was started through Remote Desktop and that he has the schools admin password. I wanna know if theres any way to find the IP address of the person who accessed it usin remote desktop. So if any help is offered i will be much appreciated.

No flaming or anything but then kids wonder when they get jumped what they did. You can't just leave him alone? The school isn't paying you. Your not any coller by ratting him out. I am just giving you advice because when you get older last year of HS and stuff its going to backfire. But yeah, if you want to ignore it then like the others said theres a NetWork log of RDP connections somewhere on the computer unless its disabled.

Edited by snapple

What you need to do is team up this this kid. Have you two be a team and use each other to learn more about computers.

I learned a lot by myself but found that I learn 10 folds more when I have another person there. I learn the most when I have to teach it, because if they have a question that you can not answer, you can look it up ether alone or together. That is how you learn.

Do not turn the kid in. He is just trying to learn. Why do you want to hinder that. If you feel the need to hinder on someones learning I do not think BINREV is the place for you. What do you think hacking is. It is learning. That is why you "Hack to learn...You never learn to Hack.".

That is just my bit.

what you do with it, is up to you.

biosphear.

Edited by biosphear

How funny is that. Also we have a couple kids in my web class and since im the admin for my class I decided to hook up a UltraVnc on all the computers. Cause we have been having kids who are Failing the class because they dont give a damn. So I am watching the computers already caught 2 kids and there the ones that are being ass' to the teacher in the class that is one of the nice computer teachers that allows you to go on myspace and youtube with proxy programs during the period if you finish your work. So do you have any ideas on some good software i could hook up for key logging so that i can monitor the crap there doing while im accupied by pc support problems through out the school. Never underestimate the power of ghosting.

By the way i already know who the kid is and no i didnt turn him in. Hes actually a friend of mine.

By the way i already know who the kid is and no i didnt turn him in. Hes actually a friend of mine.

Take the "Tree in the woods" approach.

If there was a hacker in your files and there's no trace was there a hacker ever there?

Heed my advice, If you were "never there" nobody can say otherwise.

Edited by IndexPhinger