Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zapperlink

9 posts in this topic

Anyone have trouble with uploading a avatar. Want to bring in my standard avatar and ive been trying off and on to get it in and well now I ask..

Yes, mine works for a little bit after i upload it. But after a while it goes away again. Whats up with that?

BoBB, yours seems to be offsite. Is that because you are having problems uploading it here?

Zapperlink: What problems exactly?

I have had intermittenet problems with avatars for some reason. I fix them, but they keep popping back up for some reason. I haven't touched the settings in a while, but I will check them out again.

Sorry 'bout 'dat... :blush:

Welll the Avatar I have now is the avatar. I wanted to upload it to the server so that when my connection goes offline it will still be there... however your forum keeps giving me a error and to talk to admin about it...

the error happens when you do an upload to the server?

Let me check some permissions... try it again tonight. Let me know if it still screws up.

When I tried to upload an avatar a couple days ago, I received the same error Zapper got. Now I get this:

Sorry, an error occured. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

The upload failed. Please contact a member of staff to help rectify the problem

Useful Links:

• Forgotten Password Recovery

• Register a new account

• Our help documentation

• Contact the forums administrator

Yes mine is offsite, when i try and upload i get the same error that occupant posted. After a while the image stops showing up but when i actually go to the image in a browser it shows back up. Wierd.

ok, avatar issue should be fixed! I tested it using my own (which used to be public) and it seems fine. I thoguth I made this change before with the permissions, but maybe it was before the server move.

:wacko: *shrug* :wacko:

it should be working now!