Sidepocket

Comics for Hackers in their Teens

15 posts in this topic

So I was wandering around the Barns & Nobel at Union Square to get my 2600 Issue and other various mags for nefarious purposes....and I spotted a comic book. It is crudely drawn and had a odd story, but the main thing was that it was about hackers and teenagers.

Cleverly enough, it was called Hacker Teen.

They have a website:

http://www.hackerteen.com/pt-br

Has anyone ever seen this before?

:huh:

So I was wandering around the Barns & Nobel at Union Square to get my 2600 Issue and other various mags for nefarious purposes....and I spotted a comic book. It is crudely drawn and had a odd story, but the main thing was that it was about hackers and teenagers.

Cleverly enough, it was called Hacker Teen.

They have a website:

http://www.hackerteen.com/pt-br

Has anyone ever seen this before?

:huh:

Nope that's a new one on me...However it be nice if it were in english :)

Oh the comic itself is in English, I have no idea WTF is wrong with the page though. :roll:

It looks more like a complete IT security training site than a comic. I'll check it out though =). Nice find.

The Google Translated link. It's in Portuguese. They have an English version too. http://www.hackerteen.com/en

EDIT: man you guys must have a cool B&N. The one near me just has things like harry potter and organic home gardening books. "27 ways to bring lavender into your life". Hacking? in a book store? only if it's a best seller or has a pretty cover.

Edited by maug

did you end up getting it? if so you should scan a bit of it

did you end up getting it? if so you should scan a bit of it

At the next 2600 Meeting in NYC, I will show it off to the guys at the B&N down there and take some pictures for you guys. They should have it there, though last time I went there was only one copy.

Bem-vindo ao Hackerteen

O HackerTeen são cursos de redes e segurança de computadores, programação, ética hacker e empreendedorismo na internet especialmente formatados para a geração internet através do conceito de EDUTAINMENT.

Welcome to hackerteen

In hackerteen you will find tutorials on networking, computer security, computer programming, ethical hacking, ... ? ... specially formatted for the internet using the concept of EDUTAINMENT.

That was me trying to translate Portuguese with my Spanish knowledge. They look like good guys who do not bring bad reputation on the word hacker.

Bem-vindo ao Hackerteen

O HackerTeen são cursos de redes e segurança de computadores, programação, ética hacker e empreendedorismo na internet especialmente formatados para a geração internet através do conceito de EDUTAINMENT.

Welcome to hackerteen

In hackerteen you will find tutorials on networking, computer security, computer programming, ethical hacking, ... ? ... specially formatted for the internet using the concept of EDUTAINMENT.

That was me trying to translate Portuguese with my Spanish knowledge. They look like good guys who do not bring bad reputation on the word hacker.

Yea they pretty much are. The whole comic is like the movie Hackers except they use real stuff even though it is basic and the art is not that good.

All I have to say is that I like the site so far. They talk about the Matrix one of my favorite moves... Some good comments on the site... Will have to check it out more.

I've seen the comics for sale here at Chapters. Aghaster you should try checking it out there. I paged through it quickly a few weeks ago. The over-the-top style and weak plot made me dismiss it as another flashy attempt at portraying the "digital underground." It rides on the novelty of the subject matter.

That said, I didn't give it a close look. Maybe I will next time.

Well after looking around seem's to be a good site so far. I notice that some of the course they will be offering for free. Very interesting... Guess they are working on the english version.... Since I could read a little bit of spanish it seems like they will be good. In due time we will see..

Well after looking around seem's to be a good site so far. I notice that some of the course they will be offering for free. Very interesting... Guess they are working on the english version.... Since I could read a little bit of spanish it seems like they will be good. In due time we will see..

The English version is already out.

the site version is out already but not the course on the site. I didn't see them ...

I ordered a copy. I will post a review when I get it.