Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eth0enigma

Microsoft granted Page Up Page Down patent

10 posts in this topic

Their going to patent the space bar next. Watch out.

I would love to see the company that really did invent the pg up and pg down concept, sue microsoft for back royalties. Then leave everyone else alone.

So now anyone can patient common sense?

I want to patient a program that generates all binary numbers from zero to 2^infinity and copyright it's output. Infringement would be anything that used any of my numbers. Wonder if that could be done? It is so lame; it might work.

If anybody had a copyright on it, I would have thought it to be IBM for putting it on their keyboards..

If it sticks, sounds like it was a pretty smart move to me. Money for nothing. Wish I would have thought of it. :)

Some of the other ideas that Microsoft has gone down the patent route with include:

"A method, comprising: selecting pixels to be used as an emoticon" or smileys in other words. Or how about the one that covers "time based hardware button for application launch" or double-clicking icons on mobile devices.

Then there was the infamous content syndication platform application which apparently had Microsoft looking for patent protection for what was, as many observers pointed out at the time, actually RSS...

thats just going a bit too far....

Why did we (US Patent Office) give Microsoft this patent when it was CLEARLY not invented by them.

Hell it was on IBM keyboards while Mircrosoft was just a tiny sperm in Bill Gates sack!

See what happens when we put stupid people in charge.

At least they didn't get their grubby mitts on the smileys. :lol:

Microsoft Patents Ones and Zeroes

What they really ought to patent is the concept of bloated, overly patronizing software. I'd be happy to concede that realm to them alone.

Edited by Colonel Panic