Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
StankDawg

Fuck cool Iris

12 posts in this topic

Does anyone use this and like it? I finally broke down and tried it because everyone talks about how it "changes your browsing experience" and make it sound like the greatest thing to browsing since...well, firefox.

I find that it randomly pops shit up on my screen sometimes when i hover over things (accidentally) or I find that I click a link and get taken to some other page that cooliris decided was what I wanted to do somehow. I don't see when or where I would ever need the features that it is trying to over. GET THE FUCK OFF OF MY INTERNETS AND DON'T COME BACK!

Fuck you Iris...you are NOT COOL. Does anyone else use this and like it? What am I missing?

You do not seem to be alone. Check this article: AdScam/The Horror!

I installed the program... let's you google pictures and browse them in a uber cool 3D environment. How fun, but how useless.

bleh I stay away from addons. it just cloggs up the browser IMO

Edited by devsys

I think PicLens is fun, but like agahster said it's pretty much useless beyond looking cool. The other cooliris app blows.

You do not seem to be alone. Check this article: AdScam/The Horror!

Wow, I can't even read that. If you take out the profanity, the ALL CAPS stuff, and the alcohol references, the article turns into this:

So... Here I am in London, and

Clear, yet teasingly bland. :)

Never heard of it. What's it do?

When you hover over a link it pops up a mini window that shows you the page. In other words it's useless with a tabbed browser.

I use cooliris. It's great for doing research or anything where you just want to skim a linked to page quickly. You can set it (in your add on/extensions preferences) so that you have to click on the icon to open a window.

That's what you get for following fads.

I don't follow fads, I just thought it might be good so I tried it. It was not good. I uninstalled it. The end. That is nto following a fad, that is being open-minded enough to try it before labeling it.

I hereby label it CRAPPY IRIS! :P

I hereby label it CRAPPY IRIS! :P

Hmm... there's some potential here.... Maybe we can write some sort of mock plugin...