Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eth0enigma

Linux Popularity

8 posts in this topic

Hum... interesting. However, I think think this will cause an OS war, it is just some research on the distribution of people who use certain distros.

/me uses debian

Interesting. I would have thought that Debian would have been more popular than Fedora.

Interesting. I would have thought that Debian would have been more popular than Fedora.

I can see that. There are a lot of governmental bodies around the world that use Linux (and really, doesn't that make sense?) and Fedora is probably better suited to their overall needs/maintenance requirements. I'm more confused about Finland, you'd think they would have more usage in general. Very interesting indeed.

There is very little statistical information specified on the page meaning the results are not necessarily correct or non skewed. It doesn't mention how population density, area of land, or comparisons between population of one area to another are handled.

i dont think that the results are 100% correct....anyway it looks quite interesting

I also thought that Debian would have been more popular. I use Debian. My second favorite for when I really care about performance is Gentoo. I like how Gentoo is really popular in Russia. Damn hardcore Russians. ;)