cyb3r-dan

CCTV and TV

6 posts in this topic

Hi

i have just been given 2 CCTV Cameras but they have had the cables cut. so im just left with 2 CCTV cameras with 4 cables sticking out. a red, black, yellow and blue. i take it the red and black are power but what do the yellow and blue need connecting to. Also i have a TV but it doesnt have scart or anything except the aerial in. is there a way i can use the aerial in to connect scart to the TV.

Thanks Dan

Hi

i have just been given 2 CCTV Cameras but they have had the cables cut. so im just left with 2 CCTV cameras with 4 cables sticking out. a red, black, yellow and blue. i take it the red and black are power but what do the yellow and blue need connecting to. Also i have a TV but it doesnt have scart or anything except the aerial in. is there a way i can use the aerial in to connect scart to the TV.

Thanks Dan

Could you give us a make/model of the cameras?

Probably could use an old VCR as a RF modulator so you can use the TV... That's pretty much what I am doing with my 'parking lot cam'

Hi

Thanks Dan

Could you give us a make/model of the cameras?

Probably could use an old VCR as a RF modulator so you can use the TV... That's pretty much what I am doing with my 'parking lot cam'

Thankyou great idea. the makes of the cameras are i cant see a make there is ring plc model 55050 for one of them, and the other one is a crimewatch system camera. they both have 4 cables.

Thankyou

i have sorted it out now but theres one more question. i will be connecting the cameras to coax cable does anyone know the two pins on scart that they go on. its got no audio just video. will it be something like pin 17 and 19.

Does the camera have a built in microphone? If so then yellow and blue are probably composite video and line level audio. I believe yellow is the more commonly used video color. Black and red are likely ground/negative voltage supply and positive voltage supply respectively.

If the camera doesn't have a microphone, then one of the wires could be for an electronic focus control.

You will need to take the line level audio and composite video outputs of the camera and run them to an RF modulator. Any old VCR will do the trick, and most modern TV's have external audio/video inputs for DVD players, video games, et. al.