Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
canr

Hackers Book

20 posts in this topic

http://www.hacker-book.com/index.php

I honestly wonder how much money they get from idiots who buy this.

"24,95$" per idiot..

I like commas in my American currency.. It makes me feel they are so legit ;)

I'm sure its 1337 shit that you can only learn from this book... probably all about the .hack command and how to use it.

I'm going to buy this after i get done with Scientology.

Nothing says "hacking" like an Anarchist skeleton.

Also, I found the e-book on mininova. Not that I condone pirating or anything, especially of material of this caliber... ;)

We are official partner of hakin9.org IT-Magazine

Really? I wonder if this is real, I'm a subscriber to hakin9 magazine. The magazine often has poor English, but the content is good.

We are official partner of hakin9.org IT-Magazine

Really? I wonder if this is real, I'm a subscriber to hakin9 magazine. The magazine often has poor English, but the content is good.

From the few issues I've picked up I've never noticed bad English though a lot of the authors are not American so it wouldn't surprise me that English is not their native language. But I agree, there are usually at least a few really good articles in each issues, and then the rest are of varying degree.

"24,95$" per idiot..

No offense to you dude but this is the kind of attitude I dislike. Just because somebody would buy a book like this doesn't mean they are an 'idiot.' Not everyone knows how to gather information on computer insecurity and the people interested are unique in that way because they know/knew how to find/research it. Those very same people; including yourself, also know that some information can be very difficult to find. The general population simply does not care about this shit, they just want it to work when they need to use it thats why they count on people like us. To call some an idiot for not knowing is ignorant imo just as somebody would call you an idiot for not knowing things like investing, or golf or whatever fuckin hobby one may be into.

Edited by Remix

"24,95$" per idiot..

No offense to you dude but this is the kind of attitude I dislike. Just because somebody would buy a book like this doesn't mean they are an 'idiot.' Not everyone knows how to gather information on computer insecurity and the people interested are unique in that way because they know/knew how to find/research it. Those very same people; including yourself, also know that some information can be very difficult to find. The general population simply does not care about this shit, they just want it to work when they need to use it thats why they count on people like us. To call some an idiot for not knowing is ignorant imo just as somebody would call you an idiot for not knowing things like investing, or golf or whatever fuckin hobby one may be into.

To whom are you referring to as "dude"? Please clear the ambiguity.

I guess I wasn't referring to anybody in particular. I was referring to the attitude that that I drew from the quoted statements; "If you don't know stuff about computers you're an idiot."

Edited by Remix

You could always pick up the Certified Ethical Hacker book.

It even comes with a cd that includes the best OS ever built.........Knoppix lol

I guess I wasn't referring to anybody in particular. I was referring to the attitude that that I drew from the quoted statements; "If you don't know stuff about computers you're an idiot."

Okay. I see your point. We cool.

Almost might be worth getting a prepaid visa card and ordering a copy. No way in hell will I use my CC on their site.

Does anyone have a copy? Anything in it that's actually useful?

"24,95$" per idiot..

I agree with PurpleJesus. Its common sense not just in computers. "If it were that easy, wouldn't everyone be doing it." Most of the people who would buy this are people trying to get someone's myspace or trying to spy on their spouse.

No offense to you dude but this is the kind of attitude I dislike. Just because somebody would buy a book like this doesn't mean they are an 'idiot.'

Yes it does. Just like someone who would buy healing magnets and whatnot.

Not everyone knows how to gather information on computer insecurity and the people interested are unique in that way because they know/knew how to find/research it.

Sorry, but if you don't know how to use Google, don't buy a book about hacking. If typing in a few keywords and pressing Enter is too much of a mental challenge for you, you won't learn anything from the book.

Those very same people; including yourself, also know that some information can be very difficult to find.

Difficult is a relative term. Usually if you know where to look, you will find what you're looking for.

The general population simply does not care about this shit, they just want it to work when they need to use it thats why they count on people like us.

The general population is not hackers and shouldn't try to pretend they are by reading that book. Also, if they "don't care about this shit", how exactly do they plan to become computer-savvy? How do you plan to become good at something you do not care about?

To call some an idiot for not knowing is ignorant imo just as somebody would call you an idiot for not knowing things like investing, or golf or whatever fuckin hobby one may be into.

If I was buying a "SUPER INVESTORS SECRET, EARN MILLIONS IN MONTH" book, I'd surely expect people to call me an idiot, because that's exactly what I would be.

Damn Snapple... See what you started?

but I do agree with WhatChout.

No offense to you dude but this is the kind of attitude I dislike. Just because somebody would buy a book like this doesn't mean they are an 'idiot.'

Yes it does. Just like someone who would buy healing magnets and whatnot.

Not everyone knows how to gather information on computer insecurity and the people interested are unique in that way because they know/knew how to find/research it.

Sorry, but if you don't know how to use Google, don't buy a book about hacking. If typing in a few keywords and pressing Enter is too much of a mental challenge for you, you won't learn anything from the book.

Those very same people; including yourself, also know that some information can be very difficult to find.

Difficult is a relative term. Usually if you know where to look, you will find what you're looking for.

The general population simply does not care about this shit, they just want it to work when they need to use it thats why they count on people like us.

The general population is not hackers and shouldn't try to pretend they are by reading that book. Also, if they "don't care about this shit", how exactly do they plan to become computer-savvy? How do you plan to become good at something you do not care about?

To call some an idiot for not knowing is ignorant imo just as somebody would call you an idiot for not knowing things like investing, or golf or whatever fuckin hobby one may be into.

If I was buying a "SUPER INVESTORS SECRET, EARN MILLIONS IN MONTH" book, I'd surely expect people to call me an idiot, because that's exactly what I would be.

YouGotServed.gif

Damn Snapple... See what you started?

but I do agree with WhatChout.

Someone had to say something, agree with WhatChout.

I like the added flare of walking around with a book about hacking that has a pirate skeleton on it. *sarcasm*

Okay you win, damn ..

I guess we just looked at it from different perspectives.

Holy shit, did you just find the premise of his argument?! Fuck bro remind me to ask you for help on my next research paper!