Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
twirlz

international calling

6 posts in this topic

since dual mentioned that everyone should try out some international calling i was wondering if anyone had any idea how each country had there numbers setup.

like how we have ours like npa-nxx-xxxx with a 1 in front for county code. i know its country code-then city code but after that i have no idea if its another 7 digits or less or even more. any help would be cool

Thanks

i found this site that has a full list of international codes, national codes and how many digits after the national codes. if i am missing any info on this plz post anything.

International City Codes

found an even better site for getting international numbers. like idd number then the ndd number then it will ask you for which city you want and then hit submit and it will show you how your phone number will start out.

http://www.countrycallingcodes.com/

Edited by twirlz

Good that Dual is reccomending some international dialing. I haven't listened to OSP lately, so I wouldn't know. But yeah, I encourage it, there are some interesting things. If you have a debit or credit card, $10 for a pinzoo.com phone card is worth it. I use these to call my friend in Australia all the time. They're SUPER cheap. Seriously, I get better rates to Australia then to California on my long-distance plan.

-Brisk Attivo

sound major ghetto but i have found that my phonebook (yellowpages) has most of the codes and stuff like that.

raven

It's true, Raven. The front section of the phone-book contains a wealth of information. Every phreak should read it, and ponder the information.

Attivo, i think that you would know and i've been wanting to play with this, what countries are blueboxable? is there somewhere where i can get a list of WATS lines that terminate in other, boxable countries? The thought of surfing the trunks in some other country really appeals to me.