Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
p0d

What sound does Tesla Coil make when the phone rings?

5 posts in this topic

This seems like a neat little project that I thought up. A small solid state Tesla Coil hooked up to the Ring and Tip: when a phone rings 80v of AC at 20hz shoots down the line, now what if the AC tripped a small IC that in turn governed the primary; you could even make it an audio modulated speaker for your speaker phone!

I am totally working on this (in tandem with another audio modulated TC).

This seems like a neat little project that I thought up. A small solid state Tesla Coil hooked up to the Ring and Tip: when a phone rings 80v of AC at 20hz shoots down the line, now what if the AC tripped a small IC that in turn governed the primary; you could even make it an audio modulated speaker for your speaker phone!

Reminds me of when I had my Jacobs ladder hooked up to a remote control... I had it placed on an end table next to the couch. I'd wait until someone was comfortable on the couch and click!

but what will you do when you're tinkering with it and someone calls you??

Reminds me of when I had my Jacobs ladder hooked up to a remote control... I had it placed on an end table next to the couch. I'd wait until someone was comfortable on the couch and click!

but what will you do when you're tinkering with it and someone calls you??

Well, he'll star on the evening news, of course. ^_^

When you get it going post some pictures. You have me intrigued.

What if you increased the current through the phone and electrocuted the person on the other line D:

They would be electrically isolated... more details on that as this comes along.