Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
droops

Citizen Engineer

9 posts in this topic

not sure if others have seen this, but its really cool.

http://citizenengineer.com/

Learn how a SIM card works (the small card inside GSM cell phones), make a SIM card reader, view deleted messages, phone book entries and clone/crack a SIM card.

Modify a retired payphone so it can be used as a home telephone and for VoIP (Skype). Then learn how to modify the hacked payphone so it accepts quarters - and lastly, use a Redbox to make "free" phone calls from the modified coin-accepting payphone.

yeah that was cool but they should get a hot babe to do all the talkin :P

yeah that was cool but they should get a hot babe to do all the talkin :P

Go watch G4 if you want mindless bullshit read by girls who, while their breasts are quite impressive, can barely follow the teleprompter.

Ladyada is awesome! I've ordered a bunch of stuff from her, Citizen Engineer is going to be awesome too :) Downloading from the torrent now.

I saw the first episode a few weeks ago, it was pretty cool. Hopefully they put out a lot more interesting content.

Ladyada also known as "limor" is indeed awesome. She is nothing short of a wizard with regards to electronics. For those not familiar with her you should check out her site at http://www.ladyada.net/.

Under the make section there are some amazing and challenging projects.

Edited by M0ralGray

The video was indeed awesome. I have no idea about any of this phone stuff, or what a SIM card actually was. Also, definitely download the HD torrent, the video quality is amazing. I'm seeding with my pathetic upload speed, hope it helps :)

The "pay phone shit" had actually very little to do with phones. It was interesting to see how the coin mechanisms and stuff worked and marvel at the overengineered, 500 pound piece of steel they manage to call a "phone." Damn, those things are built to last.

I want to try build that sim card reader. It looks like fun. ^_^

Hah... I was totally checking out that site as part of a new project of mine. I never actually got around to watch it, but I had it open as a saved tab in firefox for at least a couple of days.

Seems pretty destined that I should go watch it now doesn't it? - Guess what, I'm still too busy (watching the original super mario motion picture) :roll: