Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rockermm2

I can't hear online videos

12 posts in this topic

i have ubuntu and ever since i update there has been a issue with the sound. Amarok just stopped working so i gave up on it and rhythmbox works at times but some times it just wont play any music and the same issue occurs in online videos like youtube and metacafe and i checked alsamixer its all up i see nothing wrong there i was wondering what i can do

i have ubuntu and ever since i update there has been a issue with the sound. Amarok just stopped working so i gave up on it and rhythmbox works at times but some times it just wont play any music and the same issue occurs in online videos like youtube and metacafe and i checked alsamixer its all up i see nothing wrong there i was wondering what i can do

If you go to System/Preferences/Sound Are you using ALSA for about everything? if not, try that.

If you go to System/Preferences/Sound Are you using ALSA for about everything? if not, try that.

um no the only thing with alsa is the audio conferencing - sound capture and the default mixer tracks - device says HDA intel (alsamixer) the rest is on autodetect

um no the only thing with alsa is the audio conferencing - sound capture and the default mixer tracks - device says HDA intel (alsamixer) the rest is on autodetect

try putting them on ALSA and see what happens... the others like OSS seem to not like to share output. Also there is a quirk I've found with firefox that sometimes audio output will stop with a message like xmms server busy or something.. when I killed firefox (all firefoxs, had to go to the system_monitor to get em all) it started working again.

try putting them on ALSA and see what happens... the others like OSS seem to not like to share output. Also there is a quirk I've found with firefox that sometimes audio output will stop with a message like xmms server busy or something.. when I killed firefox (all firefoxs, had to go to the system_monitor to get em all) it started working again.

everything is on alsar and still no sound but no the video plays 2 secs then like stops.....

I just worked through several sound problems in ubuntu. After I updated my sound drivers mysteriously disappeared. Are your drivers still installed, is the problem only consistent in firefox? I've had problems with firefox in the past trying to use festival. If firefox was open I couldn't use festival at all.

I would check lspci, find your sound card and the proper drivers and then check lsmod to see if the modules are loaded.

I just worked through several sound problems in ubuntu. After I updated my sound drivers mysteriously disappeared. Are your drivers still installed, is the problem only consistent in firefox? I've had problems with firefox in the past trying to use festival. If firefox was open I couldn't use festival at all.

I would check lspci, find your sound card and the proper drivers and then check lsmod to see if the modules are loaded.

yeah i dont know what just happened it started working its a little weird...i guess switching everything to alsa worked

I remember audio and youtube stuff started working better after I installed Flash from source.

I remember audio and youtube stuff started working better after I installed Flash from source.

So you have the source code of Adobe Flash? Woah... nobody else does. :roll:

Edited by BSDfan

So you have the source code of Adobe Flash? Woah... nobody else does. :roll:

No... I probably phrased that wrong.. I remember downloading a flashsomethingsomething.tar.gz and using the ./configure and make command line stuff to get it to work.

edit:

Thinking there was something with pulseaudio and flash player 9 issue. If it helps, I'm using Shockwave Flash 9.0 .r124 now. and don't have the audio issues as often as I used to have.

Edited by PurpleJesus

Try running alsaconf

I've had ALSA get fucked before and lost sound in flash videos. After running alsaconf everything was fine and dandy, so it might be worth a shot.

I know this thread is old but wanted to say something about pulse audio it's not ready for everyday use not sure why Ubuntu and Fedora actually use it .