Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
natas

Flowroute.com

9 posts in this topic

Anyone using FLowroute.com for their Asterisk box?

I was bored one day, and needed a backspoof done, so I got an account. Why the hell not? Can't go wrong with free credit.

Edited by ThoughtPhreaker

Is this a follow up of Kevin's presentation with caller-id :D It was on my to-do list to use it though.

They are pretty new and have some growing pains. But they don't abitrarily restrict privacy bits on private calls and are the most flexible as far as attitude. Most of these SIP companies seem to be run by dicks.

I have used them for a couple of trunks over the past few months. It's run by a bunch of guys that know more about SS7 than I have ever dreamed and they are willing to help you troubleshoot any weird/new app. They *like* questions. Very cool.

One thing they promise is SS7 like switching - so the actual VOIP packets do not go through their switch -- they just set it up - much like SS7 design. As a result, the instances of dropped packets seem lower than, say, broadvoice or Vonage.

My 2 cents.

AK

I've thought about using them. It would be nice to be able to consolidate my DID with outgoing.

I've recently setup an account with them since I'm trying to get back into asterisk.

The DID's are pretty cheap, afaik atleast...

There vPRI's are $18 a channel, havent really looked around but wasn't sure if that's a good deal or not.

I spoke with someone about the service earlier, and apparently they let you generate unlimited simultaneous outbound calls -- the vPRI deal looks more like something they do for horrendous amounts of incoming calls (their single DIDs are $1.39 or two simultaneous calls for $7/mo for unlimited). Anyway, the whole thing is a bit of a mouthful, but it's not a bad rate structure :) .

http://www.flowroute.com/rates/inbound/

Edited by ThoughtPhreaker

From what I understand, an analog PRI is 23 channels, 24th being reserved for something. So for $18 a month you get a full PRI with unlimited concurrent calls?

Or do you get 23 concurrent calls on a vPRI?

From what I understand, an analog PRI is 23 channels, 24th being reserved for something. So for $18 a month you get a full PRI with unlimited concurrent calls?

Or do you get 23 concurrent calls on a vPRI?

not exactly. a t1 is 24 channels. A PRI is a data channel which communicates between the switch and the pbx to control the voice channels. So the maximum voice channels a t1 can have is 23, with the 24th being for data. But it doesn't have to be broken down that way. when they say a vpri at $18 a channel i think they mean that 23 channels(same thing as 23 concurrent calls) would be $414 a month. Atleast thats how i read it.

Edited by Lord Wud