Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xmitman

Slydial - How Does It Work?

6 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know how Slydial works? How does it force a call to go to voicemail?

Xmitman

I'm just going off a limb but,

don't all carriers have backdoor numbers which connect you directly to voicemails?

I remember seeing one for T-mobile, where you dial the 800 or 866 number, then prompts you to enter the users phone number i believe.

Maybe someone else can shed some light, but that's the only solution i've come up for it.

I was talking with Decoder about this the other night and we thought that they might be placing two calls at the same time that way one of them would definitely go to voicemail. They'd have to be listening for the ringing noise and then hanging the first one up when they detect it. Also, we think they're doing it this way because he said something about how if you use a custom ringback tone then you actually get a call from them....meaning they're not able to detect the ringing noise and hanging the call up.

I may be wrong about this.....I just tried it to my friends # who uses a ringback tone but it still went right to voicemail. I really dunno how this service is setup....