Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Parapsycho

Getting Deleted Youtube Comments?

5 posts in this topic

Hey there.

Is there a way to get deleted YouTube comments (that a video maker has made) back, after they have been deleted?

I've got a former business associate who made a provocative negative video about my business partner. He went through and deleted his inflammatory comments and left the comments she made in self-defense to make it look like she was attacking him. I'm kicking myself for not getting a screenshot, because I dont have any "evidence" that this happened.

Is there a way to view comments you've left for others, after they've been deleted?

I'm guessing the answer to both of these questions is "no", but I thought I'd ask.

Thanks,

Para

*Edited for grammatical and context errors.

Edited by Parapsycho

Is there a way to get YouTube comments that a video maker has made back?

What? English please.

I've got a former business associate who made a provocative negative video about my business partner. He went through and deleted his inflammatory comments and left the comments she made in self-defense to make it look like she was attacking him. I'm kicking myself for not getting a screenshot, because I dont have any evidence that this happened.

Screenshots aren't valid evidence.

Is there a way to view comments you've left for others?

Yeah, you go see the video again and your comment should be there.

EDIT:

Is there a way to get deleted YouTube comments (that a video maker has made) back, after they have been deleted?

No. That's the whole point of deleting them.

Edited by WhatChout

I've gone back and edited the first post. Sorry about the grammatical errors and such. Been pretty tired.

Of Course, answers are always appreciated.

As for the 'evidence' issue. I know it would not stand up in court, but that wouldn't be where it would have gone. Most likely, it would have gone to the head of the company, with whom I've built a trusting relationship. But...that's moot at this point.

Edited by Parapsycho

Yahoo Search caches youtube pages including the comments. This would be your best option. As mentioned before, screenshots mean absolutely nothing since they can very easily be forged, and if you have "built a trusting relationship" with this person, why would you need this anyway?

Yahoo Search caches youtube pages including the comments. This would be your best option. As mentioned before, screenshots mean absolutely nothing since they can very easily be forged, and if you have "built a trusting relationship" with this person, why would you need this anyway?

Agreed. Only a cached page on one of the search engines (it you really want it, do teh legwork to check every search engine that keeps cached archives) will get it back. There are other sites like archive.org with teh wayback machine but I doubt that they crawl all of freaking youtube! :)