Widow

ACTIVE LOOPS - Does anyone have any?

15 posts in this topic

You don't need to center and bold the text in every single one of your posts. I'm sure most, if not all, of us are capable of finding the relevant parts.

Edited by livinded

I have a loop. Come visit the phone museum in Seattle and I'll show it to you.

I guess im right in thinking these things are not used anymore? Last time I called one must of been some time in 1991... aint called one since.. may never call one again. unless someone can think of a quick way to implement one inside asterisk..? for posterity..

No no, they're still around. I'm willing to bet that some people who visit this board know of some active ones, maybe on a 1AESS or something, but I don't have any of the real loops, where one end answers with silence, and the other answers with a milliwatt. However, I did come across... well... something that can connect two callers... The number is 847-872-9951, just have two people call it and you'll be able to talk to each other. I posted this earlier in some numbers and I have no idea how its still around. I've actually found more than one of these.

BTW, Do loops exist on modern switches?

There were some that existed a few years ago in the southwest Quest territory. Look through some southwest NPAs at Bells Mind.

Edited by t3st.s3t

Yep

EDIT: Speaking of which, whatever happened to Bell's Mind? From what I understand, it doesn't get that many submissions anymore.

Edited by ThoughtPhreaker

There is at least one 'real' loop still around that has two consecutive numbers, although both answer with milliwatt. It's numbers got published when a N carrier got cut over a couple years ago and people were scanning the whole exchange out.

-Light

I have a few. Or I had a few that worked a couple years back anyways. I'll try to dig up the info.

I have a few. Or I had a few that worked a couple years back anyways. I'll try to dig up the info.

I'd love to have some, but NATAS has BLOCKED personal message from me. Perhaps he will post them. Too bad I can't communicate directly with him! If he cares to send them to me, PERSONALLY, I'd appreciate it. :roll:

Widow:

I'm not sure just where you get off. You want something for nothing, have no patience, and become patronizing when Natas blocks your PM's (maybe for badgering him?). I want a lot of things, but I don't expect people to just hand them to me. You can't contribute nothing, and make demands expecting them to be met.

There are still loops out there. I was going to post one for you, but now I see that it would only reinforce your attitude of entitlement.

Here's some advice:

Grab a phone and scan your ass off. When you find what appears to be a milliwatt stay on the line and call the next number with a different phone. If they connect, you found a loop.

Then maybe you can post a loop in the 'some numbers' section.

You post one I'll post one. Then we can have some loops posted for everyone.

I follow 10nix's statement. If you can find one, I'll post a few for you, too.

No no, they're still around. I'm willing to bet that some people who visit this board know of some active ones, maybe on a 1AESS or something, but I don't have any of the real loops, where one end answers with silence, and the other answers with a milliwatt. However, I did come across... well... something that can connect two callers... The number is 847-872-9951, just have two people call it and you'll be able to talk to each other. I posted this earlier in some numbers and I have no idea how its still around. I've actually found more than one of these.

I recently found out that number is an atnt test line so be careful what times you call it.

I recently found out that number is an atnt test line so be careful what times you call it.

Did you talk to someone on it? What did they say?

Yeah-I talked to a tech. who was on the line..

I don't want to say in public what we were doing, but I'm pretty sure I had to say hello for the equipment calling in to recognize it was being answered. So every five secs. I'm like "hello" , and I hear some lady mumbling.

me:ma'm you need to get off this line.

her:mumbles something else

me:ma'm you need to hang up now.

her:sir, this is a test line for atnt and I can hear you on speakerphone (probably her buttset)

me:oh I'm sorry,I thought you were my sisters friend on the phone,I must have wrote down the wrong number..

her:thats o.k. sir, have a nice day.

I'm glad I was doing it from a payphone though, but yeah, thats what was said.