aliks0905

Firefox keeps crashing on centos

7 posts in this topic

First of all, I'm a complete newbie at linux. I've always been a windows guy.

Recently I purchased a centos distro VPS plan and installed vncserver on it so I can have a remote management type of deal so that I could use the internet through that. The problem is, whenever I run firefox and access a secure site such as gmail, mail.yahoo.com, paypal, etc, it crashes. I have no idea why this is happening, maybe something to do with some sort of permissions, or something like that.

The version of firefox installed is 3.01, the latest and centos-5-i386-afull

Once again, this is the first time I have ever touched linux, so help me out here, and give me some ideas on how to fix this.

Run it in the terminal, and give us the output log (everything after the "firefox" command)

open a terminal and type:

firefox

Run it in the terminal, and give us the output log (everything after the "firefox" command)

open a terminal and type:

firefox

it runs fine when I type in 'firefox'. no errors after I run it. It's when I get to an SSL secure site like gmail, yahoo, paypal, etc, the browser simply shuts down.

Does it show an error if you open it in the terminal and then go to a SSL secure site?

Does it show an error if you open it in the terminal and then go to a SSL secure site?

^^^ What he said, and if so, post them please

* compile from source

* try older version ( bin and source)

* if none of that works then prob the above missing some depend or it's calling some lib and crashes ** flash **

^^^ What he said, and if so, post them please

no, it just closes and the firefox window disappears