Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JimmyRidge

OpenMoko

4 posts in this topic

this is great, used the gps and did some kismet wardriving earlier so neat coming back home and seeing all the data on google earth, suprised how many are still WEP heh ;) my first kismet run with gps what a treat any other binrev peoples have this? strom? cmon your the phone fetish-ist wonder what kinda crap phone strom has

Edited by JimmyRidge

I was looking about buying one but decided on an iPhone instead due to the fact that I was sort of burned on the nokia n810. It was a great device however the community was much less organized and official than I had thought when I bought it and the software just wasn't there for what I wanted (calendar, email, etc.) For something that I'm planning on using a lot of work I didn't want to take the risk of buying something that was brand new, still under heavy development, is community created and supported, that only has a small core application set at this point. I'm very open to trying it out, but for $400 is was more than I wanted to spend for something that I haven't seen or played with.

it cost me 370$ cause someone in my area made a group sale of 10 ;)

http://scap.linuxtogo.org/ <-- some screenshots of my phone are on there somewhere if your quick they are still at the top

livendead :P my <strike>phone</strike> embedded portable computer is better :P

Edited by JimmyRidge