Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jripper

Crap crap crappp!!!!

26 posts in this topic

Okay I need some help I was working on my friends computer and i backed his data to my flash drive. well i left my flash drive in the machine and went to wipe his drive because he had a pretty intense virus i could not remove even threw registry editing. Now when I was going threw the prompt on the Win setup disk i saw to partitions and one was MBR. so I'm thinking Master Boot Recored or perhaps a file the virus created to back it self up. so i clicked delete partition on both and sets and then click net, when it got to the 2% line it hit me like a ton of freaking bricks. i just deleted my flash drive partition with the files. SO I YANKED THE POWER CORD. now i tried to recover my data from my flash drive but there is no partition so it wont let me get it, and more than likely it is gone. so there goes 10K dollars of work data ( there gonna kill me) is there anyway I can recover the data from hard drive I have multiple computer at my disposal to get use and can remove the hard drive and put it in another machine. Its a XP OS with NTFS and i need to know what kind of software to use that is free to fix this. Please help my dumb @ss

Now i deleted the partitions so will the programs be able to fix that?

I have deleted partitions before and recovered them with GetDataback for NTFS..

good luck

now i tried to recover my data from my flash drive but there is no partition so it wont let me get it, and more than likely it is gone. so there goes 10K dollars of work data ( there gonna kill me)

$10k worth of data, and there's not ONE other backup anywhere?

Sounds like you taught them a very valuable lesson. Good luck with the recovery info, looks like there are some promising leads in this thread. Chances are, someone will have to spend some cash to get it back.

now i tried to recover my data from my flash drive but there is no partition so it wont let me get it, and more than likely it is gone. so there goes 10K dollars of work data ( there gonna kill me)

$10k worth of data, and there's not ONE other backup anywhere?

Sounds like you taught them a very valuable lesson. Good luck with the recovery info, looks like there are some promising leads in this thread. Chances are, someone will have to spend some cash to get it back.

yea yea yea I know that this was my fault. I just put the data on there this morning I was wiping my drive to install linux and the i got side step by my friend. I should have backed it up. And I'm self employeed as a private contractor so they can't do to much but possible fire me idk but lets not worry about that right now. Lets fix my drives!!!

How can data be worth $10k?

Data doesn't just materialize whenever it's needed. Someone had to generate it. Depending on the "data," a single person working for minimum wage can generate $10,000 worth of data ("worth" is dependent on the actual worth of the person generating said data) in a little under a year. However, letting this "leet d00d" try to fix their virus infested computer with the only copy of the very valuable data is hilarity all around. Try not being incompetent next time. That goes for both the owners of the data (which may as well be considered compromised, depending on the nature of it) and the OP.

Theoretically, if only the partition table was deleted then you can get the data back pretty easily. Create a new partition of the same size at the same location on the disk. Don't try to format it or anything, just try to mount what would otherwise be considered "junk" data. This should work on the flash drive, though a more tailored solution for recovering data would be more appropriate. Since the hard drive was partially formatted, part of the filesystem is gone. There's no easy solution there. I used to use some Norton program to recover lost files on DOS (back when files really did lose themselves), but I haven't used anything since.

I can't say I've accidentally deleted anything important before. Though I do have these magical discs that hold "backups." These "backups" have all my data on it. If I do do something stupid, it's not really a problem. BTW, backup to CD or DVD if you can. They're immutable, that's an important trait in backups. You cannot accidentally overwrite or otherwise delete something you cannot write to. Seriously, if this data really is worth $10,000 the a $20 DVD burner and a spindle of DVDs is not really a big expense, is it? Oh, and there's that 3 minutes a week (or whenever a significant amount of new data has accumulated) require to operate it. But apparently that's too much to ask.

Because it had there policy numbers, payment modes, accounts number, more info than I can give you and worth more than your eyeballs:| now please stop changing the subject and stick to the topic, how can i fix the partition

Because it had there policy numbers, payment modes, accounts number, more info than I can give you and worth more than your eyeballs:| now please stop changing the subject and stick to the topic, how can i fix the partition

Do not use any electronic device with a processor, yes, sell everything you own.. even your car and phones.

You're unqualified, stupid... and from the looks of it, a blatant liar.

Overwritten data cannot be recovered, the bits are irreparably lost, no company will be able to recover the data.

The part of the disk untouched may be recoverable, but if the NTFS metadata was damaged... there will be no index of the files on the disk, basically the disk equivalent of a memory leak, bad pointer management.

Go away! you're now a chef.. that's your new profession, bake me a cake as fast as you can!

Did you just make up bullshit terms?

Did you just make up bullshit terms?

Peroxyde do me a big favor, if your just gonna keep babbling your idiotic, half-baked mumble jumbo, stop posting in my thread which i need serious help on, go out stand on the corner of a brooklen's 19th east street wearing a bright pair of blue pants and a bright red shirt. Then yell out "fo sizzle my nizzel bizzel" and allow the people friendly residents to take you into a dark ally with a big bottle of lube and teach you an extended lesson on when to give your too cents and when to keep you trap shut. thank you for your input and now I don't care to hear anything else from you unless its helpful

And ohm thank you for being helpful and for the information. I gonna try to do as you said and see if it will help. thank you

and for information I DID NOT OVER WRIGHT THE DATA I just removed the partition info

Edited by J.Ripper

I told you, use photorec, it will work. If you can't figure out how to use it, set up a VNC connection and I'll do it.

if your just gonna
mumble jumbo
the people friendly residents
dark ally
too cents
OVER WRIGHT

The hell?

if your just gonna
mumble jumbo
the people friendly residents
dark ally
too cents
OVER WRIGHT

The hell?

Clearly it's a secret code that means "I'm a big fat liar!"

Let's keep on-topic here, folks, and cut out the personal jabs.

- Your friendly neighborhood moderator

Someone should not be working in IT... :roll:

Just an idea... Maybe if you weren't spending your time posting up fake pictures of your "setup" so you can feel like you're a cool guy, and instead learning something, you might just not be fucking up other people's data?

Edited by devsys

I think I started a similar thread some time ago. Someone (The always helpful Ohm I think ;) ) told me to try TestDisk. Worked well for me and if you did not overwrite any data you might be able to restore your partition table.

Stupid company imo. "Here lets hire someone to backup $10k worth of data who has never done this before."

Edited by Remix

Helix, prodescover, encase, ftk, binarybis lab. come to mind to recover some data.

and yes if its 10k worth of data knroll ontrack. 200-1000k to recover data.

Edited by UTS_HOST

It's okay, you can sell some of those monitors and stuff you allegedly have to pay for it. :D