jripper

My room setup

90 posts in this topic

Look at this. This is called evidence. If you want to argue something you have to have this.

Read this

Edit:\ Found this after like 30 seconds of searching.

Edit2:\ never mind was pointless

Edited by Demonic_angel

google Dr Robert Becker, (No, not the Ted Danson charecter).....Sit in front of a big CRT when you do for the full effect.....

If anyone thinks EMFs that cause florescent bulbs to light up aren't dangerous check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KcD3KQ38CM

that's a video of a HERF gun you can build yourself. So if you think that isn't a sign of danger build one of those and point it at your head every night while you sleep.

Wow! That exploded while I was at work... :o

OK let's just wrap this up in one neat little package...

Aegion, one man's dog kennel under some power lines is, firstly, anecdotal evidence at best and, secondly, not a large enough sample size to be of any scientific use. The word "evidence" should not even be present in the phrase "anecdotal evidence." Anecdote = story. Stories can be wrong, stories can be biased, stories can demonstrate odd chance occurrence. Science cannot. Science requires more than a story. Where was this man's control group? Where was his statistically reasonable sample size? I can take 20 people from this forum perfectly at random and it's not beyond comprehension that they all might have a red car. Does that mean all BinRev posters drive red cars? Or even that they're predisposed to? And for another thing, even if the dogs DID get cancer as a direct result of being housed long-term beneath high-voltage power lines, we're still talking about the results of worst-case scenario. Long term exposure to high amounts of a purportedly dangerous EM field is not the same as even the most poorly shielded household electronics.

As for "go to the library" or "read a book" I must agree with the majority's opinion on this one. I can even find SCIENCE TEXTBOOKS that contradict each other. Books are not peer reviewed, they do not require scientific method, rigor, nor do they have any kind of accountability. The world's best seller is a supposedly true story of a Jewish guy who roamed around performing miracles until he was killed and then reborn. Note that this book sits right on the shelf next to one where they tell the same kind of story but the details are off and the guy's got a different name. A few shelves down from that book is Dianetics by L. Ron Hubbard. All of these claim to be fact, and even if you believe one of them is, you can't deny the presence of conflicting stories. Not playing the anti-religious game here, so nobody take offense, whatever finer points it may have, science it is not.

And all of this fully valid discussion of scientific method, rigor, control groups, and the known forces aside, there is one universal truth which applies to everything.

If I drink a glass of water, it's good for me, or at the very least not harmful - If I am submerged in 1,000 gallons of water for any length of time, I die.

If I throw a baseball around with some friends it's good exercise - If I take that same baseball to the skull at 200MPH it will grievously injure or perhaps kill me.

If I eat a bar of chocolate it's certainly not healthy but it won't kill me on its own - If I eat a pound of chocolate a day for a year, believe me I'll regret it.

Just about everything, taken to some level of excess, can/will kill you, injure you, or make you ill. Yes, EM Fields are freaking dangerous. Dangerous in the sense that the EM field inside my microwave will kill small animals, dangerous enough that I don't feel like playing with a HERF gun or standing in front of a RADAR tower. But to even compare the field strength of any amount of household electronics to devices which exist for the sole purpose of efficiently converting electricity into EM radiation is foolish.

That room full of equipment isn't going to kill anyone. It's probably not even going to make anyone mildly ill or annoyed. Saying that room is dangerous because the EMF from a 150kV power line just might cause long-term health problems is like saying a bullet is as dangerous when shot from a gun as if I throw it at you.

The mere fact that you even compare the two things tells me that you have very little grip on reality and an even softer grip on science. Your wildly swerving train of thought did, at one point, flirt with coherence - and it was this brief taste of reality which made your foolish and unfounded ramblings seem even slightly believable. All good lies do, after all, contain some amount of truth. After reading, at great length, your words on this matter, I find that you have no grasp of the scientific method and will do nothing but continually bog down this thread with "anecdotal evidence" until I am forced to track you down and point a HERF device at your genitalia to ensure that these illogical and superstitious thought structures do not corrupt our genetic stock. This would no doubt lead to my incarceration by a system which cannot hope to understand the justification of my actions, and it is therefore for both our sakes that I will make this my last post in this thread, and shall henceforth interpret everything you say in any other thread as a joke.

-Summer Glau

P.S. Don't forget to check out the next season of The Sarah Connor Chronicles this fall on FOX!

This whole thread is a big waste of time.

even if the dogs DID get cancer as a direct result of being housed long-term beneath high-voltage power lines, we're still talking about the results of worst-case scenario. Long term exposure to high amounts of a purportedly dangerous EM field is not the same as even the most poorly shielded household electronics.

You apparently skimmed the part where I pointed out that the fields close to a lot of electronic devices going at once are the same strength as ones 500 or so feet away from high voltage power lines like the dogs were. See, EM fields drop off rapidly from the source, and being feet away from a weaker field is the same as being 500 feet away from a stronger one.

You can test this using a guassmeter. Go near power lines and measure the field, then come home and measure the field next to various electronic devices.

Books are not peer reviewed, they do not require scientific method, rigor, nor do they have any kind of accountability.

They do not require it, but some books do these things anyway on their own. To do this they put a detailed list of sources and references in the back to show where they are getting their information. This is what the books I recommend on the subject have.

to even compare the field strength of any amount of household electronics to devices which exist for the sole purpose of efficiently converting electricity into EM radiation is foolish.

Yes, perhaps my HERF gun comment was foolish. It was mainly made to make people see when a florescent light bulb lights up on its own there is some kind of strong, dangerous, EM radiation making it do so. As you would have seen if you had read the thread people were trying to dispute this.

However, the rest of my comparisons were not so extreme. Do you consider high voltage power lines devices "for the sole purpose of efficiently converting electricity into EM radiation"? No, of course not. Most people here would not dispute the cancer risk of living underneath power lines, and as I've pointed out, the field strength directly underneath HVP lines is equivalent to the field strength a few feet away from a lot of personal electronic equipment, as can be verified with a guassmeter. So...

And as for you last paragraph, I can only say that being unnecessarily wordy and verbose does not equal intelligence or add any humor to your jokes, and it doesn't make you right.

Edited by aegion7

The mere fact that you even compare the two things tells me that you have very little grip on reality and an even softer grip on science. Your wildly swerving train of thought did, at one point, flirt with coherence - and it was this brief taste of reality which made your foolish and unfounded ramblings seem even slightly believable. All good lies do, after all, contain some amount of truth. After reading, at great length, your words on this matter, I find that you have no grasp of the scientific method and will do nothing but continually bog down this thread with "anecdotal evidence" until I am forced to track you down and point a HERF device at your genitalia to ensure that these illogical and superstitious thought structures do not corrupt our genetic stock. This would no doubt lead to my incarceration by a system which cannot hope to understand the justification of my actions, and it is therefore for both our sakes that I will make this my last post in this thread, and shall henceforth interpret everything you say in any other thread as a joke.

-Summer Glau

P.S. Don't forget to check out the next season of The Sarah Connor Chronicles this fall on FOX!

Oh my god, you win.

I'm telling you, if you want concrete evidence go to the library. I don't feel like researching stuff online for you and getting you real studies as opposed to the ones sponsored by the utility companies. I already found the video for you and you just disregarded it so that's all I'm going to do.

So you don't have any evidence, nor do you feel like searching for it. Noted.

I don't care that much about proving my point. I came into this discussion under the assumption that you had a hacker mindset and that you were genuinely curious and objective about learning. That's why I was having this conversation with you.

Ad hominems. I am objective about learning, but learning is based on evidence - which you fail to provide. And if you don't care about proving your point, why do you argue for so long?

However, you apparently just want to win an online argument for your ego and aren't really interested in learning. Hence your absolute refusal to go to a library or seek out anything that would prove you wrong.

You apparently were dropped too many times on your head as a toddler, that's why you can't follow simple requests. (don't think that only you can drop ad personams here)

My absolute refusal to go to the library is because it's not my duty to prove you right. There, in bigger size fond so you can comprehend it. When will you understand that I won't go to the library, or waste my time, just because you say it proves me wrong? It doesn't, the articles there would prove YOU wrong.

Now go, fetch, bring me those, I can wait. Or if you don't want to do that, don't order me to do the same thing.

Whatever kind of evidence you consider it, a man running a dog kennel under powerlines, that you have footage of the kennel right next to the powerlines so you know this isn't made up, saying that 11 of his dogs got cancer has to count for something.

No, it doesn't account for anything, because there was no scientific rigor applied.

Again, I only linked to the video because WhatChout said he would not do ANY experiments on his own about it unless I gave him some form of evidence that it could happen. I thought the video counted as some form of evidence. That's just me.

Yeah, that's just you in your world of anecdotes and other people doing your job in proving themselves wrong.

Like I said I don't feel like doing online research for you. I just don't feel like using google right now and going through all the links. Especially when you are going to disregard everything I post because this has become about you proving to yourself and others that you're right.

Well then don't claim that you're right.

And for the love of God, stop using rhetorical tricks in a discussion. You're on a board for more-or-less, but smart people. We can see that from mile away.

"I could prove that you're a child rapist, but I don't really bother since you will discard the evidence. But I won't let that stop me from claiming that."

Again, you can find several books about the danger of EMF and the cover-up by utility companies in your public library, they all have meticulous list of references in the back. That's assuming, of course, that you actually want to find out about this and your objective isn't just to be automatically right and boost your ego.

I can find books about how reptilians rule the world, the Queen of England being one of them, and also a baby-eater.

They do not require it, but some books do these things anyway on their own. To do this they put a detailed list of sources and references in the back to show where they are getting their information. This is what the books I recommend on the subject have.

You can have Encyclopedia Britannica in your sources and still write whatever nonsense comes to your mind and publish it as a book.

It was mainly made to make people see when a florescent light bulb lights up on its own there is some kind of strong, dangerous, EM radiation making it do so.

Wooooo, spooky. Now I hope you can see the difference between a HERF gun - a device made out of another device, the only purpose of which is emitting as much energy as possible and a power line?

However, the rest of my comparisons were not so extreme. Do you consider high voltage power lines devices "for the sole purpose of efficiently converting electricity into EM radiation"? No, of course not. Most people here would not dispute the cancer risk of living underneath power lines

Actually they did dispute it. Stop trying to pretend it didn't happen.

and as I've pointed out, the field strength directly underneath HVP lines is equivalent to the field strength a few feet away from a lot of personal electronic equipment, as can be verified with a guassmeter. So...

You haven't pointed anything out. Show me those measurements, then we can talk.

And as for you last paragraph, I can only say that being unnecessarily wordy and verbose does not equal intelligence or add any humor to your jokes, and it doesn't make you right.

Same can be said for your rhetoric.

Amazing how this went from a room setup pic to utter, utter pwnage:

(BTW Intimidat0r I think you're a new verbal deity in my life.)

aegion7 I understand you're trying to prove a point, but when it's wrong sometimes you just have stop. Learn that when an entire forum of mostly well-educated logical people tell you something, it's not because they dislike you. It's not because you're secretly right and no-one understands your genius. The reason no-one has agreed with you, is flat out, because you are wrong.

Let that sink in. Just for a moment.

Wrong. Now stop flooding this thread with your ideas of right, I feel the ear cancer coming back.

How is an ad hominen attack that distracts away from the fact he has no real counterargument "utter, utter pwnage"? I can be unnecessarily wordy and use too many commas too.

Learn that when an entire forum of blah blah blah

So 4 or 5 people constitute an entire forum?

I don't understand the vehemence with which a few people, in particularly whatchout are trying to disregard this. You refuse to look into it at all.

I would have liked it if this had stayed more civil and not turned into the shouting match and battle for dominance it has become.

So ok, you "win". Simply because I don't feel like continuing the discussion in the face of this irrational hostility and will stop. But know that the little boost you get to your ego from this was made possible by your lack of open mindedness, lack of genuine curiosity, and willingness to stay ignorant in order to look right.

If you do have some real curiosity and open mindedness in you, some "hacker spirit" if you will, then maybe in a few days when your egos not on the line anymore you'll want to look into it, and you actually will go to the library or seek out info that would contradict you. Or search more online about it.

Ok now, with that said you can once again resume your insults and attacks against me. I will not attempt to challenge your beliefs about this anymore.

Edited by aegion7

and use too many commas too.

Too many? Or one?

If you do have some real curiosity and open mindedness in you, some "hacker spirit" if you will, then maybe in a few days when your egos not on the line anymore you'll want to look into it, and you actually will go to the library or seek out info that would contradict you. Or search more online about it.

last time numb nuts: BIG BOLD LETTERS SO YOU CAN READ THEM. YOU HAVE TO PROVE TO US THE FACTS, WE DON'T HAVE TO GO TO THE LIBRARY TO PROVE YOU'RE RIGHT. Wow after being told a sentence about 5 times by everyone here, you'd think you'd get it. That is the real "ignorance and "unwillingness to learn" here.

You're a flat out fool who has proved nothing, quoted crap and expected everyone to take it on face value. When asked to provide actual sources, not Youtube videos, you've come up empty. So using your sense of logic how about this:

You're a fool who knows nothing, and you can't argue with that because I read it in a library book and you have to go to the library to prove me wrong.

At least your promised silence can start to relive the ear cancer your verbal diahorea has caused.

This just goes to show that EM fields are real, they have noticeable effects, and maybe there's something to that whole "tin foil hat" thing after all.

You're a nut.

Wow. I haven't seen this much bickering in a long time.

J. Ripper is full of it, no one cares enough to investigate the radioactivity stuff, its not even on topic anyway.

Can we get another button on the rating thingie that means "Zero Stars" in stead of one?

Come on guys, we all know who's wrong and who's right in this thread, why do we even dignify the incorrect party with a response? The incorrect ones are just attention seekers -- and while I agree that we don't need incorrect information on this forum, we don't need to get the "last word in", either. Our time is worth more than that.... But if someone wants to make a name for themselves with false information, I'd just assume let them - it makes them look even more foolish in the long run.

I /so/ wish I could close this thread.

0wnage complete...

THREAD CLOSED!