jripper

My room setup

90 posts in this topic

Oh shit! Check out those matching flatscreen LCDs you found in a dumpster!

Funny how this Steve Larson is a professional photographer and yet only has a "$5 camera"

What the fuck? Since when does the amount of hardware you have matter? Why would someone ever post something like this?

You guys, check out MY room:

906i4z.jpg

Yeah, the chick is photoshopped for +10 social activity, but who cares?

this thread makes me want to gather up all my hardware thats not doing anything, and line it up near my computer that i actually use

wow nice setup this is the kind of thing im trying to achive but i think ill base it around your now nice.

SUPERIOR:

th.c54d013f84.jpg

not really youve just gone weapon mental, not as computer based as the other one

hmm steve larson lives in CA, but your sig speed test says portland.. lawlz

good try kiddie.

FYI page claim!!!

Edited by UTS_HOST

And now he is just ignoring this thread. Nice.

SUPERIOR:

th.c54d013f84.jpg

haha are those real weapons??

Edited by dexterous

So you plan to be a virgin forever huh?

Also, according to Tineye, this is a really popular image.

Edited by Drake Anubis

That picture is retarded, You could be just as productive with one computer and two monitors. Having a plethora of computer screens does not make you l337...

That picture is retarded, You could be just as productive with one computer and two monitors. Having a plethora of computer screens does not make you l337...

I find it's much more accurate to completely ignore abilities and instead focus on the number of Macs you own.

It sort of looks like a CCTV security guards room.

I would worry about all the electromagnetic radiation from that. It would be interesting to see what a gaussmeter would read.

Probably zero, since emissions are close to zero in almost every piece of home electronics.

Wrong bozo. The EM fields generated by electronic appliances, in particular cathode ray tubes, are VERY strong. They drop away rapidly from the source but that's not the same thing as "emissions are close to zero" anything within one and a half feet or so of a TV, monitor, or most other electronic appliances will be within a strong field.

Edited by aegion7

I would worry about all the electromagnetic radiation from that. It would be interesting to see what a gaussmeter would read.

Probably zero, since emissions are close to zero in almost every piece of home electronics.

Wrong bozo. The EM fields generated by electronic appliances, in particular cathode ray tubes, are VERY strong. They drop away rapidly from the source but that's not the same thing as "emissions are close to zero" anything within one and a half feet or so of a TV, monitor, or most other electronic appliances will be within a strong field.

Except that guy has LCDs. Nice try.

The top shelf monitors are LCD too?? wow.

As Purple Jesus already pointed out those aren't LCDs on the top shelf. And that's really beside the point anyway since ALL electronic appliances generate EM fields including LCDs.

Sorry I called whatchout a bozo, it just makes me angry when people tell me I'm wrong in order to look smart and they're actually the one wrong.

And that's really beside the point anyway since ALL electronic appliances generate EM fields including LCDs.

To my knowledge, appropriate use of appliances will result in safely irrelevant exposure to electromagnetic radiation. It's a moot point anyway.

And that's really beside the point anyway since ALL electronic appliances generate EM fields including LCDs.

To my knowledge, appropriate use of appliances will result in safely irrelevant exposure to electromagnetic radiation. It's a moot point anyway.

I don't consider sitting in a small cramped room with several computers, TVs, and other devices going an "appropriate use of appliances".

My parents have an extremely old TV with only an RF input. They wanted to hook it up to a DVD player and I had to get an RF modulator. The EM field from the TV was so strong that it almost completely wiped out the signal, I had to use an emergency blanket (basically laminated tinfoil which blocks EM radiation) to wrap around and insulate the RF modulators cables, after that the signal came across perfectly clear.

This just goes to show that EM fields are real, they have noticeable effects, and maybe there's something to that whole "tin foil hat" thing after all.

Did you know electricians working around high voltage power lines for years die of cancer twice as often as the general population? EM fields cause cancer there is no doubt, it's actually interesting if you read the history of it, there's been a tremendous amount of money spent by the utility companies trying to cover it up. They do this because it would cost even more for them to actually make powerlines safe by burying them in special insulated tunnels in the ground.

Edited by aegion7

Yes, but there is a big difference between high-voltage power lines and household appliances.