jripper

My room setup

90 posts in this topic

Are you one of those shut-ins?

I think I need to get ride of some of this crap...

post-11359-1215931368_thumb.jpg

Why would you do that?

wow, you have a bigger setup than the command and control centre for the aus victorian rail network

How hot does that room get?

Indeed. My room gets pretty hot with just one computer running. I can't imagine how hot it must be in there. :)

Looks real cool.

Next time I move I'm getting a spare bedroom to setup as a computer room. 2 DSL connections, plenty monitors and boxes, electronics hardware/soldering area.

It sort of looks like a CCTV security guards room.

I would worry about all the electromagnetic radiation from that. It would be interesting to see what a gaussmeter would read.

It sort of looks like a CCTV security guards room.

I would worry about all the electromagnetic radiation from that. It would be interesting to see what a gaussmeter would read.

Probably zero, since emissions are close to zero in almost every piece of home electronics.

Well first Steven is my name but you can call me steve or jripper. As for how hot its gets in there, it can get pretty damn hot, sometimes if I'm running everything and cooling is on low its can get to be about 90 some degrees. Most of it I try to keep liquid cooled computers at max. You can't really see it but behind the monitors is a air conditonar built into the wall of the apt. I sleep in the other room, this is kinda my office of trade if you will. I actually had alot of those tvs laying around the house and tryed to put them to good use so behind there is a small server attached to a converter attached to the cable line and it allows me to split one tv line accross most of the old tvs. yes im a star wars fan so kiss my (_|_). most of this was given to me or i grabed and fixed outta dumpster diving.

Now this is the best I can do with this crappy cam I have, give me a few days and when my roomate gets back into town I can use my 10MP cam he borrowed for his trip.post-11359-1216081179_thumb.jpg

Well i can't do higher res with this 200k cheapcam i got for $5.99 that fits on my keychain. unless someone has a DIY make crappy cam good cam tutorial they would like to give me <_<:|

that is one fucked up room you have my friend lol i mean i share my room with my bro's

and there alway's getting viruses on my comp can not wait to move out lol prob. will have a room

like your's.. :D

You have two mac pros? Jesus fucking christ, I hope you are making bank with all that hardware and actually use it. It really is a bit excessive.