reilus

International Conference Calls

15 posts in this topic

Remember before they had chartrooms, and all the rich people would go on these international conference calls? Some of us might have slipped in once or twice,,,,

Is that still going on? Where can we learn more about that?

Remember before they had chartrooms, and all the rich people would go on these international conference calls? Some of us might have slipped in once or twice,,,,

Is that still going on? Where can we learn more about that?

I'd think if you want to find international conferences, scanning over boxed C5 or voIP is your best bet. Do you remember where these international conferences would take place?

That was a long time ago, my friend. My memory is very hazy.

I remember something about payphones.... ;)

Shiver me timbers, boy! You can't tell me you didn't expect your RBOC to notice insanely long ACTS calls to distant countries! Anyway, though, I think you'd be much better off googlemining for conferences. I find it much more efficient then going through a number of exchanges. Seriously, I've found maybe one or two confs by scanning, as opposed to literally hundreds by a couple of well-placed Google search terms.

On another note, might i suggest international calling cards for overseas calls? Even the major carriers have some pretty damn good deals on calls to other countries. When in doubt, too, you can always rack up a few PhoneHog minutes :) .

You'll be pretty lucky if you can find an international conference that's still being used. I mean by phone phreaks. Learn to read arabic and search for conferences there. If you already can read and speak arabic you might be able to find someone phone phreaks on a conference. But yeah. not likely. If you're just down for listening in on some kind of business conference, well, if that's your thing then you might be able to find some somewhere. But not phone phreaks. Don't even bother looking unless you're super lucky or already have hook ups. Phone phreaks internationall are dying out hardcore. But maybe try Australia. They seem to have a somewhat big PP community. But they generally don't like non-australians on their conference calls. Found that out from being booted from many, haha. Anyways if anyone does find a rad international conf that's populated by rad (or even semi-rad) phone phreaks, PM me, I'd be down.

You'll be pretty lucky if you can find an international conference that's still being used. I mean by phone phreaks. Learn to read arabic and search for conferences there. If you already can read and speak arabic you might be able to find someone phone phreaks on a conference. But yeah. not likely. If you're just down for listening in on some kind of business conference, well, if that's your thing then you might be able to find some somewhere. But not phone phreaks. Don't even bother looking unless you're super lucky or already have hook ups. Phone phreaks internationall are dying out hardcore. But maybe try Australia. They seem to have a somewhat big PP community. But they generally don't like non-australians on their conference calls. Found that out from being booted from many, haha. Anyways if anyone does find a rad international conf that's populated by rad (or even semi-rad) phone phreaks, PM me, I'd be down.

Hehe I've been told to "rack off you pommy bastard" many a times by Australians bless there cotton socks. Anyway I'm down for an international conf hell also PM me with a number I'm in :)

If any of you guys want to set up a viop conf with a bunch of Aussies you should drop into #hpavc on freenode. Or come down to ausphreak and start a thread to organise it. We'd be happy to have a chat, even have a few yanks of our own on our chan :P.

i'd also be up for a conf like in the good old days :)

Anybody up for a conf? :) +61-2-6773-2330

Also, major props to unity for letting me give this out.

EDIT: 0-7 support ten callers, 8 and nine support 29.

Edited by ThoughtPhreaker

Anyone up for a conf with some aussies? We are all pretty laid back, got one of you visiting now how about the rest. #hpavc on freenode. come check it out and get in on the aussie phreak/hack/tech scene

Threadbump! Does anybody want to try and get this going again? Here's another conf if you'd like a change of scenery

+353-1-664-7603, PIN 65488 - This is a bridge operated by Eircom, the major telephone service provider in Ireland. Eircom uses this bridge a number of times to touch base with it's shareholders, and fortunately for us, they forget to erase the access codes after they're done! Just a thought, if the guy doing the greeting is any indication of Irish people as a whole, their accents are a lot more transparent then what I expected. Meh, movies have probably spoiled me. Catchy hold music, though.

Thought I'd throw throw this out there.

http://www.memics.de/sho_kon_e.html

If you've got an option to call it cheaply, at least create a room for a sec, the entry noise is pretty funny. One question though, is 180 like a German 900 number? I wouldn't think so, they don't ask for a credit card and they don't bitch at you if you make an ANI fail like most people from the US using real phones do.

if anyone needs a conference number and pin, I have a fair few, complete with PIN's, just PM me and I'll share, I'm up for a conference call anytime.

ThoughtPhreaker, a 0180 number in Germany is a shared-cost number. The first number after 0180 determines what the cost of the call is (when called from Germany). For the caller the original tarrifs were:

• 0180-1 - approximately the cost of a local call
  • 0180-2 - has a call setup charge in addition to normal charges
  • 0180-3 - approximately the cost of a regional call
  • 0180-4 - has a call setup charge in addition to normal charges
  • 0180-5 - approximately the cost of a long-distance call

Nowadays most 0180 numbers are actually more expensive to call than regular numbers, because the tariffs for normal calls have been reduced in recent years while tariffs for 0180 numbers have mostly stayed the same. Internationally it often costs the same as calling a german mobile number, but sometimes it is charged as a fixed call. It all depends on the originating and terminating carrier.

Are you guys talking about telephone conferences?

Edited by MyOwnFreeConference