DrakeAnubis

DIY Heartbeat Monitor

16 posts in this topic

I built a quick DIY Heartbeat Monitor thats essentially just a dynamic microphone functioning as a stethoscope. I'll blog about the details later, but doesn't it make a really cool picture? :P

post-8673-1215172160_thumb.jpg

I built a quick DIY Heartbeat Monitor thats essentially just a dynamic microphone functioning as a stethoscope. I'll blog about the details later, but doesn't it make a really cool picture? :P

Hmm.. I don't like that 4th harmonic... you got a leaky valve?

;)

but yes. cool.

;)

but yes. cool.

That is just his t wave. It is a little bit too far away from the rest but not too bad. Would like to see a 6 second strip or an ekg to determine if it is normal.

And yes it is cool.

That is just his t wave. It is a little bit too far away from the rest but not too bad. Would like to see a 6 second strip or an ekg to determine if it is normal.

As this is audio, it wouldn't show the T wave. As you quite correctly say, the T wave would show on the ekg, which would allow assessment of it's amplitude and duration. It relates to myocardial repolarisation.

The two elements on the screen are the "lubb" and the "dubb". They relate to closure of the mitral (aka bicuspid) and tricuspid valves and the aortic and pulmonary valves. Uneven flow or leaked back-flow through these valves result in a murmer.

As this is audio, it wouldn't show the T wave. As you quite correctly say, the T wave would show on the ekg, which would allow assessment of it's amplitude and duration. It relates to myocardial repolarisation.

The two elements on the screen are the "lubb" and the "dubb". They relate to closure of the mitral (aka bicuspid) and tricuspid valves and the aortic and pulmonary valves. Uneven flow or leaked back-flow through these valves result in a murmer.

I was going to say something along these lines but you beat me to the response. Of course, mine would have been a lot simpler along the lines of "Audio won't show a T wave... n00b" :)

I was going to say something along these lines but you beat me to the response. Of course, mine would have been a lot simpler along the lines of "Audio won't show a T wave... n00b" :)

Okay, thanks... you guys just made me feel like a damn idiot, since I have no idea what in the hell you're talking about. Shouldn't you be talking about computers or something instead??? :)

Okay, thanks... you guys just made me feel like a damn idiot, since I have no idea what in the hell you're talking about. Shouldn't you be talking about computers or something instead??? :)

Hehe, the gist is that there is a difference between the sound your heart makes and the electrical impulses it gives off.

wow this is well coll youll have to post the program you used and materials nd stuff.

Ok so it has been a while since I did any of this, sorry. I was just trying to make a joke more than anything. But yes you are all right the t wave would not show up on audio.

Sorry. I was just trying to make a joke more than anything.

Thats right your sorry! You are a terrible terrible person, how dare you :nono:

Nah, I just wanted an excuse to use that emoticon. :P

Sorry. I was just trying to make a joke more than anything.

Thats right your sorry! You are a terrible terrible person, how dare you :nono:

Nah, I just wanted an excuse to use that emoticon. :P

Thanks that made me laugh. I am now not as unhappy having to clean up after yesterday.

wow this is well coll youll have to post the program you used and materials nd stuff.

Sure, but really it's just clever, it's not technical impressive.

Detailed Description

Moving this to Hardware Hacking

Who's is that in the picture. With the long hair?

Judging from the fingers , it's a man

Judging from the hair, it's a lady

I think it's a man.

Which one?

Edited by bcrscahh198987

Which one?

It's a male :)

hey gregor i was wondering where you have heard the term "mitral" before? i've never heard that. always bicuspid or semi-lunar. what are they teaching us kids in our highschool anat. and phys. classes? -_- (btw not implying mitral is incorrect, just asking where u saw it. book? class? etc...)