Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
twirlz

anonymous upload only ftp

5 posts in this topic

I've been wanting to setup an ftp server for fun for awhile now. My idea is to have my login to do whatever i want and have an anonymous login so that whomever finds my server can upload whatever they want but can't download anything. I have it setup with Bulletproof but it doesn't look like it has the option for what i want. I am running it on Windows Server 2003 R2. Does anyone know of an ftp server that has this option and likely free.

Thanks

If I remember correctly, Filezilla Server can accomplish this. I messed around with this application a few years ago and I believe it had the option to allow anonymous logons and you could customize their privileges like any other user.

You can probably do that with any ftp server; just adjust the permissions on the upload folder so that the anonymous/generic user only has write access and does not have read access. This can be done at the filesystem level, the ftp server should act accordingly.

You can probably do that with any ftp server; just adjust the permissions on the upload folder so that the anonymous/generic user only has write access and does not have read access. This can be done at the filesystem level, the ftp server should act accordingly.

got it. thanks for the help. i thought it was more complex than what it actually was!

Exactly. This is 100% correct.