bcrscahh198987

History of Binrev.com?

8 posts in this topic

In my profile, it says that I join this forum on 28-January 2006.

However, I wasn't active until about 1 year from that date.

It looks like this Binrev stuff started around 2003.

Anyone who been there care to elaborate? (Those who were "back in the days" , I welcome you to elaborate)

I've read the FAQ, etc. All but the radio shows, too many hours to listen to.

Oh yeah, I've heard that this forum use to be much much more active. Then there was less people. Only the really really smart, helpful ones stayed behind.

Stank, Plz. I would like to know the details. I know that getting old, sucks. Before you get too old, tell me the history of this binrev stuff.

read here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stankdawg particularly section 2.2 about binrev.

The forums are as active now as they have ever been. The level of experience is a lot more varied now as we bring new people into the hacking scene, but that is a good thing and is the ultimate goal of binrev. We are still one of the most active and productive hacking sites on all of the interwebs.

This clarifies a lot.

I've also read somewhere that this Binrev stuff is very costly. True?

You probably already figured out it, but the binrev "back in the day" moments were kind of before binrev even existed, back when this forum was at stankdawg.com and everyone called it "The Stankdawg Forums" off the cuff. Good times.

You probably already figured out it, but the binrev "back in the day" moments were kind of before binrev even existed, back when this forum was at stankdawg.com and everyone called it "The Stankdawg Forums" off the cuff. Good times.

Must have been around 2001- 2002

Stank, Plz. I would like to know the details. I know that getting old, sucks. Before you get too old, tell me the history of this binrev stuff.

BAAAH....HAHAHAHA...

Stank it must suck being just under 40...that ripe old age when pre-civilized man became fertilizer.

-----Phail_Saph-----

I started lurking in November 2002. I think it was around months before then even.

I started lurking in November 2002. I think it was around months before then even.

Wow, quite a long time ago.

I was in middle school back then. I was thinking of Final Fantasy, mario, and other video games back then.

Edited by bcrscahh198987