Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
metal-head-

Insecurity Movie

14 posts in this topic

Don't know if this has been posted before but i was linked to this movie last night, it's free to download and very decent.

http://www.insecuritymovie.com/

Made by an Australian crew, it's a realistic 0 budget hacker movie. Enjoy.

I watched it last night and it wasn't terrible, but it wasn't a great movie. But I guess for the amount of money spent on it, it wasn't bad. The acting could have been a lot better, it just didn't seem like they were acting or speaking normal and you could tell they were acting. The cinematography is decent though some of the editing wasn't great in a few places (eg. the cuts at the end, it just wasn't very fluid). The story wasn't bad though but though some of the thing one of the guys asked the other about he should have already known since he knew about something else related. I understand it was used to explain to the audience something, but they would have worked around it a bit better in the script. Aside from that, it was a fairly more realistic movie about hacking with an interesting twist at the end. If you have an extra hour and a half I'd say it's definitely worth watching.

Not only was the accent difficult to understand, but they didn't master the audio properly.. making it even worse.

The first 10 minutes was a major rant about monotheism. Then we get into a dark room with a couple of incredibly bad actors. Then they start talking about Microsoft and it's business practices.

Nice.

*sarcasm*

I couldn't watch past 15 minutes.. way too mediocre. The cinematography was decent in some parts, and then questionable in others. The thing that killed it most for me was the acting.

I'm not going to say they did a good job because of the money. You can have a good film with or without the money, so that's no excuse.

I didn't enjoy this one. :S

I watched it. Like Livinded said it wasn't terrible.

Pros -

It had real substance to it. Very realistic.

Had an interesting storyline. Not over the top.

Cons -

Audio was terrible and at time incomprehensible

Accents were pretty thick.

Lighting was also pretty terrible.

So this film was at least accurate. They did a better with the story line than some Hollywood producers would manufacture. I compare hacking to the mainstream media portrayal of paintball on tv. Completely retarded and missing the point.

hd-dvd.JPG

I give it a 6

Edited by Ragnarok30

I enjoyed it. Accent wasn't as bad as I expected after reading the above comments, but there were a few parts that I couldn't really tell what they were saying.

Overall I would say it was a good movie, I enjoy that type of ending.

Feel should expand on first post

Things i liked about this movie

-Realism

-Decent Script

-Camera work seems good

- Intro with the main character

Things that really needed improving

- Audio needed mastered/ needed to be way better at the club scene (I had to watch the movies using headphones because it became too distorted on my speakers and during the club intro scene i only could make out the end of conversation)

- Acting was pretty terrible all over, especially the guy who was hiring the boys (he stood there and regurgitated lines like someone had a gun to his head) and the bloke with the pony tail.

- Although the script was good, like someone said, the way they let the audience know about there plans made it look like they were complete amateurs.

- Lighting wasn't the best at times

I thought i would post this link as it's good to see some people trying to get some realistic hacking media across and the fact they decided to release it freely.

Not bad. Some acting was very amateurish, but hey I can't act either. I would have like to seen more of available tools used. Maybe someone could produce this type of genre by acting out chapters from "Stealing the Network: Owning the Box" or "Stealing the Network: How to Own a Continent" as a series like "Tales from the Crypt" or "Twilight Zone".

Bravo to those involved.

The whole beginning rants were completely unnecessary, and I almost stopped watching at that point. But, I continued listening, and eventually it gets pretty good.

Overall I'd say its worth watching, but start 15 minutes in :P

The whole thing was undeniably amateur, but i thought it was pretty good. the ending was lame though. Oh and could someone show me how to stream full screen one way video and 2 way audio over a stolen wifi connection, and through a rooted box without losing any quality? :roll:

The whole beginning rants were completely unnecessary, and I almost stopped watching at that point. But, I continued listening, and eventually it gets pretty good.

Overall I'd say its worth watching, but start 15 minutes in :P

I for one liked the beginning rant. It's one of those parts that doesn't require a budget to pull off right, and they used it to set the tone for the film's theme. Otherwise, it was an amateur effort. I don't mean to use 'amateur' in a derogatory sense - I mean to say that it's clear that it is a few guys making a movie. The budget isn't there, and while the cinematography/audio/acting isn't great, it isn't half bad given what it is. You kind of forget about all the negatives anyways as you get absorbed by the plot. Great care was put into this, and it shows.

So props to the guys for making this, and for releasing it for free for us to fill some entertainment time. I think its worth seeing. Didn't anticipate the ending.

Edited by Seal

I didnt care for it that much...

LOTS OF SPOILERS

I enjoyed the techno jargon.. movies really dont use stuff like that usually :D

Since I enjoy a lot of indie movies I was fine with the sub par acting and I enjoyed the accents.

The story line is what I hated. There was a lot of things that just didnt fit..

• The people checking the house out... I would be fine with this if it went anywhere... what was the point of it? It wasnt relevant to the rest of the storyline. If that happened to you dont you think you would change locations?
  • Im ok with turning on the webcam, maybe they could make up a story that went off of that but responding to her didnt make any since. Your on someone elses internet.. your under no obligation to respond.
  • Why would you meet her. First off it sounded like a set up and even more so when she actually meet them "Now tell me your real name" it sounds like a cop told her to say it. This was frustrating since there was no reason to meet her since your behind the internet and safe.
  • Why did she tell that lankey guy that he would never sleep with her? If the movie was going to last longer and she actually learned hacking the line makes sense... but if he is goig to be dead in 3 minutes why tell him? Didnt go with the rest of the movie.
  • Why did she kill them!? It just came out of no where. Nothing hinted towards it and it didnt help the overall story. It was just so out of the blue and random. I think they were trying to make her all dark and meaningful with her last line.. but it turned out to just sound dumb.
  • It casts a bad light on hackers.

I dunno.. wasnt for me but, there are a lot of movies I dont care for that others love.

So this film was at least accurate. They did a better with the story line than some Hollywood producers would manufacture. I compare hacking to the mainstream media portrayal of paintball on tv. Completely retarded and missing the point.

I like that quote :D

I liked it, some of the quick cuts annoyed me but other than that its better than others i have seen :)