Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
natas

Caller ID Spoofing To The UK!

7 posts in this topic

For all you UK guys out there....big news!! There's a UK Caller ID spoofing company now called SpookCall.com. Nick84 wrote about it on RootSecure.net and I wrote about it on CallerIDSpoofing.info last week!

http://www.rootsecure.net/?p=reports/caller_id_spoofing_uk

http://www.calleridspoofing.info/spookcall.php

After 4 years or so of spoofing in the USA it's finally made its way to the UK. It could be a little bit more reliable in cheaper, but over time I'm sure that'll happen.

While Caller ID Spoofing has been around for years now this is indeed the first commercial sight that I've seen. I wonder what they are using for termination. The VoIP service I have been using has no issues spoofing to UK Landlines. The only #'s I cant spoof are #'s like 999 (UK's 911), 17010, and other already assigned special numbers.

Oh this is great news, I'll try it out next month for sure.

Thanks for the news.

Apparently they're shutting down their buy page for a bit while they figure out this legal stuff with the Ofcom.....

It is my understanding that in the UK it is illegal to Spoof CID unless you own the number you are spoofing to. I've seen several services that will allow you to set outgoing CID, but only to the numbers that you register with them as yours. The good news is that it has been a good bit harder to find VoIP service that allows CID spoofing, and so in the UK it is simply not as prevalent. This has led to the enforcement on the law being really lax.

Looks like they shut down more than the buy page - whole site seems to be down.