Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vivek.ramachandran

Security Tube - YouTube for computer security videos!

9 posts in this topic

Hello All,

It gives us great pleasure to introduce SecurityTube.Net ( http://www.securitytube.net ) - a community driven videos website for computer networking and security related fields. Though there are many video sharing websites available online, SecurityTube.Net is strictly focussed on hosting computer networking and security videos only. We have started this site to provide a knowledge sharing platform for security professionals, so that they can reach out effectively to a wider and focused audience.

The site is currently in Beta and features will be added / refined as per user demand. We have currently seeded the site with around 90 videos on programming, security tools and security basics related topics to set the momentum. We hope others in the community will join us and contribute their know-how to this site over time. Any video which centers around computer networking and security, will be happily accepted on this site.

If you have any questions / suggestions / flames do write to us at feedback[_at_]securitytube[_dot_]net.

Hoping to see you soon on SecurityTube!

Regards,

Vivek Ramachandran

Some really nice videos thanks, but you didn't have to post in two sections. Just stick with 'linkz'.

Thanks Jabzor! and sorry for the double posts !

Guys, Also wanted to add that please feel free to add any new feature requests in the blog section : http://www.securitytube.net/blog

We will do our best to add them ASAP. As the site is in early Beta, i am sure there is a lot more lacking than is available :P

-Vivek

This is almost the exact idea me and my buddy were working on. However we never lifted ours off the ground, and our's was more a all IT related e-learning/video. I think you should expand it to all fields of IT. Good job on the site btw. :voteyes:

@XxthugstylezxX : Thanks ! We are trying our best to make sure that the security community can benefit from this initiative.

@Poetic-Justice: Thanks for all those cool links ! Most of the videos were really funny :)

I will probably add most of them this week in the Fun section!

If anyone has any comments +/- please feel free to voice your opinion. We will try our best to resolve issues!

Thanks,

Vivek

Edited by Vivek Ramachandran

I've been watching some video's and the quality and content are very good.

Hope to see more video's with the same content.

Very good site Vivek.

c

I was actually gonna pimp this service myself, but I can see the developers/admin already did it! I read about this site on a securityfocus mail posting. I really like the idea, and I hope some more good videos get posted. Great site!

Thanks guys!

We will try our very best to maintain the site actively, but we also hope that after some critical mass of good videos has been added, the community will join us. After all this is a community project and its success depends on everyone's participation.

Thanks,

Vivek