kisk

Home-brewed camera developing...

7 posts in this topic

we all know cameras can be mad useful for taking snapshots of misc info.. especially if there is a lot of it and you don't have enough time to take it down.

what I am hoping for is an alternative to getting my film developed at a retail store. I'd like a REALLY small, cheap camera(35mm) that I can conceal in my pocket. when I'm ready to dev my images, I'd like to do it myself, as I like privacy with my 'important' photos.

Questions are this: what chemicals do I need to develope film to the negative form. If I can get it to just the negative form (how the negatives look after you get a pack a pics dev'd from a retail establishment), I wouldn't have a problem just looking at it like that or possibly scanning/converting with my fav graphics app. Also, you guys know of a small camera offhand?

... don't turn your back -- I may just take a snapshot of all the files on your desk! :lol:;)

thx guys

btw... this should possibly of posted in off-topic? :blink:

if so, sorry :D

Edited by kisk

you mostly would need a rolling can, some dektol, some photo flow, some stop and fix, and the developing times for you film. and the camera i understood you wanted was a pin hole camera where the pics that come out suck ass. most 35 cameras are not pocket size but you could try one of the cheap 10 dollar ones at kmart, and if you develop it yourself you most likely will only be able to shoot B&W because color is a bitch to do by hand. Truely you really need a whole dark room to get what you would really want but if your content with just the negatives then, follow what i said if you really want to skip the store then digital is the way to go, thats hard to say cuz im a neg fanatic.

raven

if you really want it i can figure out exactly what you need and the cost

Edited by raven

lol naa I'm not looking for a camera that I could glue to an eyelash without nobody knowing.. just something small. Concerning digital, what are some of the smaller models you've seen?

they suck ass but the they are small, those 3 in one cams,or you could get the canon elf cuz its frikken awesome, but digital im not all up to speed on im a 35 junkie in a digital world

raven

Raven, thats awesome, I'm just trying to break into the world of b&w photography. I've got my moms old cannon cameras with a couple different lenses and I just loaded one with B&W film to get some shots and I'm gonna try to develop it. I have everything I need except for chemicals, and enlarger and paper..

sprawl-mart sells these low-quality USB 32meg pen-cameras for like $19. check that out.