Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blackhatt

proxy server

6 posts in this topic

I was reading about proxy a little and it said php is a good language to write one in. Im a total newb for lack of better words and would like to make a proxy for myself to use at school. Can someone give me some direction in what to read up on or anyhelp. Also could i load the proxy to a thumb drive plug it into a comp at school and have it work? Please any insight wil help.

This is not a chat room, be patient. Ironically, I don't think I have the patience to answer this properly so I'm out of meaningful things to say other than: no, PHP is not an appropriate language for a proxy server (in the traditional sense) and running the proxy on the local machine won't do anything anyway. So here's a shocking thought. Do school work at school, not play Runescape or whatever it is you want to do.

Sounds like you might not have the right idea about what a proxy is or how one works. There are probably a half-dozen or so threads on the forums here that have discussed proxies within the last month or so. Do some reading around, get the general idea how they work, then you'll be able to figure out how to use one.

What do you want to run the proxy for?

and would like to make a proxy for myself to use at school. Can someone give me some direction in what to read up on or anyhelp.

There are quite a few tutorials/help pages that could help you set up a proxy server, but for what you need it, I wouldnt really bother. You could just find a nice reliable proxy without the "proxy" in the URL, and its unlikely to get banned at your school unless other people start using.

You could make a website on a free-hostingservice, and the use one of the two scripts here. Good luck anyway!

If you're simply looking for a proxy to use at school, check out the Tor portable version that goes on a thumbdrive. If you're trying to write your own, I can't help you there.