Malachai

FIOS Adelphia Router

3 posts in this topic

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone has the new FIOS Verizon wireless router installed at there home or business? I"m a little bit on the <_<<_< on the wireless router... Since I been hearing on the net some phone companies have access to the router plus your network. To top it off the installer used the coax connection rather then the ethernet connection.

I can't use my link router i had before now since it does not support the coax router... I'm a little bit scared that they might browse my network or watch on what I'm doing... more or less when I'm testing something out or doing my thing....

Let me have some of your feedback or thoughts about this.

--Malachai--

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone has the new FIOS Verizon wireless router installed at there home or business? I"m a little bit on the <_<<_< on the wireless router... Since I been hearing on the net some phone companies have access to the router plus your network. To top it off the installer used the coax connection rather then the ethernet connection.

I can't use my link router i had before now since it does not support the coax router... I'm a little bit scared that they might browse my network or watch on what I'm doing... more or less when I'm testing something out or doing my thing....

Let me have some of your feedback or thoughts about this.

--Malachai--

Can you take your trusted router and plug it in between the coax router and your boxes? Maybe try 'bridged' connection on the trusted router?? -somebody correct me please.

Well if I do that, should I change my trusted router to dhcp? When I had my trusted router I had it on static ip address plus I also changed the ip address of the trusted router when I first installed it. 192.168.1.77

After configuring the FIOS router I set the same settings as my trust router... Well same ip address that I used to us. 192.168.1.77

I will connect my trusted router and see what happens. Should I just connect to the enternet port or one of the port on it since it's a 4 port router.