ThoughtPhreaker

Conf?

31 posts in this topic

619-364-4521 . If there's no callers, it'll just pick up silently. So why the post two days ahead? It's been a while. The conference usage is starting to drag down, and everything is just becoming less and less active. So, well, why not? :) If your long distance bill is an issue, there's a few days worth of PhoneHog minutes you can rack up, or buy a real calling card if money permits. The thing about some of the lower grade connections is that it'll echo things on the conference sometimes, and if you happen to try to be using DTMF to interact with something on three-way, or anything of that manner, it's a huge annoyance.

If there's someone out there who for some reason is having trouble getting long distance minutes in whatever way they're using, PM me, and I'll give you my PhoneHog card. I don't have much use for it. To state the obvious for anybody not familiar with PhoneHog, divert to it first. Not just because I'll be able to see your CPN (and any other numbers you're calling), but because PhoneHog probably is going to see it, too. Not that I know they're going to do anything, but would you give your number to advertisers?

With that in mind, can anybody think of a good time?

EDIT: I forgot to mention, if you do decide to rack up some PhoneHog minutes, they take a few hours to register, so try to be quick about it if you expect to have a sufficient amount of minutes by whatever time is decided.

Edited by ThoughtPhreaker

I'll be on, calls to Canada and the US are free on my call plan :) I'll probably patch a few of my friends in as well, get a bit of international representation going on

Sounds interesting. Topic? I could tie in the ProjectMF box and demo a few calls......

I'll be there. I can finally find out if the "All Day Phone Card" I bought at a gas station for $1 truly does give you unlimited talk time!!!!

Thanks for getting involved, ThoughtPhreaker. We all need prodding every once in a while.

I'll be there. I can finally find out if the "All Day Phone Card" I bought at a gas station for $1 truly does give you unlimited talk time!!!!

Thanks for getting involved, ThoughtPhreaker. We all need prodding every once in a while.

I used to have some of those, no you can't talk all day. I was able to use it for a few hours on a conf once. Going back from memory I recall it being about 3 hours or so.

I'm down for Thursday evening, what time's good?

I used to have some of those, no you can't talk all day. I was able to use it for a few hours on a conf once. Going back from memory I recall it being about 3 hours or so.

ic0n, do you remember if this was it? The company is TEXSA, and the dial-in is 800-473-8857.

http://la.gg/upl/05-21-08_1903.jpg

Edited by JmanA9

I'm down for Thursday evening, what time's good?

Does 8:30 Eastern sound alright?

Usually no long distance service really is unlimited. Take Qwest over here for example. According to their terms of service, if you use 5,000 minutes of long distance in a month (about three days), they'll start to monitor your usage, or cut off your service. Since the hangup button is/was broken, I was thinking about using call forwarding in conjunction with GrandCentral's click to call feature to bomb the living hell out of my line just to piss them off a little. The day I was going to pull it off, though, the clicktocall button on GrandCentral broke completely :( .

Come to think of it, it was probably good that I didn't :) .

I can pop in sometime between 9:00 and 9:30pm EST, if its still on.

Wow... I feel really, really stupid. I've been popping in and out of the conference for an hour or so now, only to realize that today is wednesday... :wacko:

I'm on at 8:50 EDT and nobody on the conf... :(

Is Thursday the wrong night?

Edited by dmine45

I'm on at 8:50 EDT and nobody on the conf... :(

I'll be on in about 15 minutes, just wrapping up a video project.

ic0n, do you remember if this was it? The company is TEXSA, and the dial-in is 800-473-8857.

http://la.gg/upl/05-21-08_1903.jpg

Yep that's the same card. They quit selling them up here.

That was fun, although I wish there could've been a higher turnout of callers. Anyone up for seconds? :)

Sure post up the next time/date and I will do my best to be there.

I'll make sure I jump on. Post a few days ahead like last time so I can shift anything around.

How's Thursday sound again? I was thinking maybe a bit later than last time, though.

I'll definetly try and get on ... not sure what the time difference is between EST and BST (British Summer Time which is GMT+1) I know a few fellow Brits are interested anyhow

I think I can jump on for an hour or two. .

Eastern time is GMT - 5. We are on Daylight Savings as well (+1), so the difference is still -5.

Why not set it up as a regularly-scheduled event; something like every other Thursday (or once a month, or whatever) at 0001Z. That way, it becomes easier for folks to plan around and less of a pain to try to schedule a day and time for each one.

$0.02.

Bump!

Mirrorshades is right, this should be a regularly scheduled event. Anybody have any ideas what time/day would be good?