Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aegion7

StankDawg vs Kevin Rose

13 posts in this topic

Lately I've been listening to old episodes of BinRev Radio. There was mention of a fued between StankDawg and Kevin Rose. What ultimately happened with this? Is the fued still ongoing or did it stop?

Also, with all bias aside and looking at it objectively, who do you guys think is the more knowledgable person when it comes to tech and hacking?

There is no competition StankDawg is a professional programmer. Kevin Rose had to pay someone to develop digg.com. From what I've seen of K. Rose he is a semi-nubie at best. Personally, I do not think he could hack his way out of a wet paper bag unless he reads someones tutorial. The only thing I've seen K. Rose do is play with Caine & Abel, crack Windows LANMan hashes and use some more tools to crack WEP . On one episode of the screen savers he had to use Nessus from Knoppix Live CD because he couldn't compile it with a standard distro.

Just my opinion. I do not know the guy at all though.

Edited by vvuiverine

On one episode of the screen savers he had to use Nessus from Knoppix Live CD because he couldn't compile it with a standard distro.

Just my opinion. I do not know the guy at all though.

How differcalt is

# apt-get install build-deps nessus

# ./configure

# make

# make install

:huh:

you forgot to register ... ( rant about nessus closed source .. )

I know someone who knows Kevin Rose and despite the fact that he's ripped off other people's work in the past and been a huge media whore, he really isn't a total noob. From what my friend told me He has a degree in Computer Science and Mathematics and the php that he's seen of Kevin's really isn't bad. While I have my own issues with Kevin, and I really don't think he is as much a hacker as the digg fanboys or watchers of his dark tips do, I will give him some credit. While it's not necessarily all that difficult to get a degree in comp sci he does know something.

Why is there a feud between Stankdawg and Kevin Rose?

I've only heard Stank knock K. Rose twice. The first time he had a rant on how Kevin presented Acidus's material about reading mag-swipe cards. He did not give the true author credit. The second rant was about how Kevin sent a cease and desist letter to a company that had a similar domain name to digg.com.

There isn't.

Kevin Rose sell out and international hero ( you can laugh but I would think he is laughing all the way to the bank )

There isn't.

If you listened a bit closer in the radio show he actually says there no feud, and they just joke about it. he just annoyed that kevin rose doesnt give any credit to anyone else

As we all are! Rose is a bitch, he friend who fucked the teleprompter up as a co-host helps fuck with the skew, him and calanius are in it together as well...

Kevin Rose sell out and international hero ( you can laugh but I would think he is laughing all the way to the bank )

To think, his whole career got started with the "windows messanger" vulnerability. I like to think of it as a feature though... LOL

EDIT:

To give him credit he has shown good skills in business. I know I could not get in front of the camera and keep people entertained talking about tech stuff.

Edited by vvuiverine