Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rbcp

PLA Radio - Voice Authentication

8 posts in this topic

I just released a new episode of PLA Radio. I think some of you might appreciate the topic in this episode which is on a new voice authentication system that Bell Canada has started using and I'm betting will start popping up more around the U.S. in the coming years. Here's the link:

http://www.phonelosers.org/pla-radio-episo...authentication/

Also, something that I forgot to post last month, but here's a video I made that shows a revolutionary new way of hijacking fast food frequencies:

Very nice! Good to see some new activity going on in the phone world. I suppose if you're good at imitating voices and accents, you can use that in conjunction with some minor audio edits, to fill in for words you don't get, too. Kind of sad that companies will go through such great lengths to develop shitty security measures, too, when things such a simple, well thought out passcode can provide for equal, if not better protection.

Nice! Looks great, especially the youtube video! :P

Edited by gloomer

Edited by tao_of_pi

i really enjoyed that bell canada bit.

I called a few Bell Canada reps yesterday and explained to them what I'd done. I played the recording for them and everything. Their reactions included everything from shock to disbelief to creeped the fuck out. I had all of them explain to me how secure and 100% foolproof voice authentication was before I dropped the bomb on them.

You wouldn't mind making a recording of doing this, would you?

Edited by ThoughtPhreaker

Sorry for the bump, but we also played this if you attended our panel at HOPE and kind of explained it a bit.