Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
operat0r

[VIDEO] Ripping Flash Templates !

4 posts in this topic

I like the 'you suck at teh online' (photoshop) homage. :D

You're missing the last step though, an unmentioned '* edit FLA and template indexing files, replace any hard-coded resource links with internal relative paths.'

(http://somesite.com/flash/resource.ext -> ../flash/resource.ext) Otherwise good tutorial, have used similar methods to rip web games and flash videos.

Seems to me that a lot if not all of this could be automated to the point where you simply point to a starting website and then define the acceptable depth and offsite-permissions.

Perhaps another script for you to whip up, a flash crawler, web parser and post-processor?

I like the 'you suck at teh online' (photoshop) homage. :D

You're missing the last step though, an unmentioned '* edit FLA and template indexing files

not sure what that means ?

, replace any hard-coded resource links with internal relative paths.'

(http://somesite.com/flash/resource.ext -> ../flash/resource.ext) Otherwise good tutorial, have used similar methods to rip web games and flash videos.

that is what the wget -x does fixes all the path etc for you ( I would hope that flash templte woult not use hardcoded paths to 'flash tempagessuckmyballs.com lulz but this is possible )

Seems to me that a lot if not all of this could be automated to the point where you simply point to a starting website and then define the acceptable depth and offsite-permissions.

Perhaps another script for you to whip up, a flash crawler, web parser and post-processor?

maybe but you still need an app to decode the swf

-x/--force-directories is in regards to local file-storage, -k/--convert-links is used to make the links local/relative

`-x'

`--force-directories'

The opposite of `-nd'---create a hierarchy of directories, even if one would not have been created otherwise. E.g. `wget -x hxxp://fly.cc.fer.hr/robots.txt' will save the downloaded file to `fly.cc.fer.hr/robots.txt'.

`-k'

`--convert-links'

Convert the non-relative links to relative ones locally. Only the references to the documents actually downloaded will be converted; the rest will be left unchanged. Note that only at the end of the download can Wget know which links have been downloaded. Because of that, much of the work done by `-k' will be performed at the end of the downloads.

What I was getting at is that your 'new' template can end up unintentionally linking back to and relying upon the original website, which is never a good idea.

You don't want your new template to still link to the old site when you try and open a link or load a resource; wget alone is not enough to prevent this.

For example, you can automatically replace a simple html <a href="hxxp://some.site/etc/link.htm>linky</a> with <a href="../etc/link.htm">linky</a>,

but you will have some trouble replacing a flash actionscript geturl("hxxp://some.site/etc/link.htm"); or other request, at least with wget alone.

The same goes with javascript, java and really any browser-interpreted links to resources, files etc that wget doesn't comprehend.

If a site wanted to be really nasty to ripping (and backwards browser compatibility) they could implement all links in javascript and actionscript or outright server-side.

You can visit the website in a browser and rip all the resources you access, but if the duplicate template you end up with doesn't refer to the local files - it is generally useless or at least heavily devalued.