Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bigggj

use like a disk to transfer iPod songs & videos to pc

6 posts in this topic

hey, my computer was restored to factory settings recently and i lost all my itunes library. I have all the items on my ipod but need a way to get them to my pc. all the software that i found looked useful but wanted me to pay for the service. i am looking for a FREE program that can do this for me so if u know of any, please post a link.

thanks a lot

Uhhh... maybe I'm missing something about your question, but can't you just re-install iTunes and synch with your iPod?

(I don't have an iPod, so I'm just guessing here.)

Also, you need to fix your sig. "127.0.1" is wrong. :)

I'm guessing you use windows.

1. Enable hidden files
  2. Click your iPod in "My Computer".
  3. Drag [iPodDrive]/iPod_Control/Music into iTunes. It should copy all your music back.

Edited by Zeph

Uhhh... maybe I'm missing something about your question, but can't you just re-install iTunes and synch with your iPod?

(I don't have an iPod, so I'm just guessing here.)

Also, you need to fix your sig. "127.0.1" is wrong. :)

I'd say that has like a 50/50 chance of working. Many of the times I allowed itunes to "sync" my ipod it deleted shit, it would remove anything not uploaded by that specific version of itunes.

I often use 3rd party apps like Floola and Amarok to update my ipod because they're not as "clunky". But there were a handful of times attempted to go back to itunes, however every time it would delete all my music, creating atleast an hour of work to get it back on.