natas

Hamburger Phone From Juno

11 posts in this topic

Has anyone seen the movie Juno? The girls hamburger phone is pretty leet. Does someone still make these?

after I saw the moxie a while ago I looked into this, I saw them on ebay, and from some hong kong distributor for around $20.

I hear Lucky225 has one.

Similar question: Is it possible to use a payphone as a normal phone?

I know of a local building whose innards are being gutted, and I am pretty sure they are ripping out the payphone (and I could then dumpster dive it)

Similar question: Is it possible to use a payphone as a normal phone?

I know of a local building whose innards are being gutted, and I am pretty sure they are ripping out the payphone (and I could then dumpster dive it)

Quick answer is yes, but you might have to do some re-wiring. A lot of places have liquidation sales when they move out, so they might actually try to sell the payphone instead of trash it. However, if it's a co-controlled phone, the phone company owns it, and if it's a COCOT, chances are good that it's owned by the COCOT company, not the business. In any of those cases, the company would want the phone back.

Yeah that hamburger phone is pretty leet, I want to make one in to a beige box. I mean think about it, you get caught and you're like "what this thing.. you think I could be up to no good with a hamburger phone? pfft" or something along those lines.

A payphone line can be used as a normal phone, but due to the line's class of service, restrictions will be in place, and billing will be handled differently (e.g., ACTS). The payphone itself often (but not always) uses firmware to help route calls and route calls appropriately, among other things. If you were to hook up a normal phone to such a line (i.e. beige box), you'd still get a dialtone. You'd have to change the line's class, or otherwise put in a new order for phone service as a normal residential or business customer.

A payphone line can be used as a normal phone, but due to the line's class of service, restrictions will be in place

and here is the difference between America and for example Europe

here is Poland payphones operate on a regular phone lines with restrictions preventing you from beige boxing and calling premium rate numbers, 16kHz taxation signal applies on the line so payphone knows when to charge the credit from you

shortly speaking if you borrow a payphone from a street and connect it at home it would work like a charm (as long as you will feed it with phonecards) however it would definately 'call home' so it's important to keep in mind

I wouldnt mind having an old school Mickey Mouse Rotary Phone, or a Garfield phone for jazz