Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jripper

Honeypot fun

12 posts in this topic

Okay everone I'm gonna be setting up a honeypot server here in about 2 weeks if its worth it, if I have enough people willing to attack it that would be great, this site is gonna be a risk free site ,hosted and owned by myself, I will let there be a disclaimer on the front stating anything done on the site can not and will not be used against any person/s invloved in the attack. that the site is for my learning and the learning of others, I will be giving certain people access to admin and secure the site each week. let me know if anyone is willing to particape in this and if this is a good idea or not to helping people learn.

Edited by J.Ripper

What will it be running?

thats for you to find out.

lol at least vectors getting at, so do you all think this is a cool idea or just a waste of ime

This is certainly something I am interested in, maybe not executing, but certainly viewing. I have not really got a lot of background knowledge except the basic "anatomy of a hack" -esque tutorials. Would love to see people breaking it and helping us noobs with the fundementals and processes.

Good luck with the project.

I don't know if you want to learn setup vm images heck I can give you an url to the storm virus to even check that out considering I get spammed with it every day

Sounds like it could be a cool idea assuming it's more than either:

A. a bunch of simple exploitable hosts

B. a host that's locked down solid.

I would say a few hosts with exploits on the internet, and have them on a domain with subnets, etc.

Well what i was figuring on doing is setting up like 5 Virtual servers on my one server, then i was gonna set one of them up with win serv 2008 and then another 2 with win 2003, a ftp sever connected to one of the win03 servers and then a linux box just for the hell of it

Corleone and myself have been chatting via the binrev irc and are now eagerly awaiting the set up. As a euro team it will be interesting to see the results. Especially if we set up one or two of the same boxes over here later and see how long the US takes.

Looking forward to this very much!