Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
righteous_slave

flash movie workarounds

6 posts in this topic

Again, the filter here at work is really funky. I can watch the adobe flash tv shows on AOL's In2Tv, but not on Otaku Central, as well as others. The window just reads movie not loaded. I attempted to play the url on MPlayer portable, and it comes back with a 403:Forbidden message. My assumption is that some movie servers get blackballed by the filter and others for whatever reasons don't. Does this sound correct, and is there a good way around it?

flash does not listen to proxy settings all the time ... so you do this

* download URL snooper

* sniff the URL to the stream

* use one of the proxies in my uber proxy list to download the stream !

* http://rmccurdy.com/scripts/proxy/good.txt

Just a bit of info, the PlanetLab proxies, (ones with the 312x port ranges), cap your download and are very restricted. You cannot submit form info and you'll often find that things downloaded will be cut short. An example would be the first half a movie will load, then you will not be able to finish the movie.

operat0r, I advise you to filter proxies with ports 312* from your list.

URLsnooper, like so many other tools, wants winpcap, which is not on the computer at work. Any way to get winpcap on a thumbdrive or other suggestions?

URLsnooper, like so many other tools, wants winpcap, which is not on the computer at work. Any way to get winpcap on a thumbdrive or other suggestions?

WinPcap is driver based so a thumb drive is out of the question for the most part. Unless you hand some super complicated on-demand bootloader or something.

If you don't have any other options I'd recommend setting up an SSH tunnel and SOCKS proxy system. You can probably use PuTTY among other tools to do this with relative ease. However overkill for this scenario, I think you'll thank me later when you're browsing firewall/proxyless.

http://ubuntu.wordpress.com/2006/12/08/ssh...ecure-browsing/

http://lifehacker.com/software/ssh/geek-to...roxy-237227.php

On the second link pay specific attention to the comments people leave.

WinPcap is driver based so a thumb drive is out of the question for the most part. Unless you hand some super complicated on-demand bootloader or something.

If you don't have any other options I'd recommend setting up an SSH tunnel and SOCKS proxy system. You can probably use PuTTY among other tools to do this with relative ease. However overkill for this scenario, I think you'll thank me later when you're browsing firewall/proxyless.

Yep, all of my attempts and looking have told me that about WinPcap, I was hoping that I missed something.

If I ever get my other box up and running, I will be looking at setting up the SSH tunnel. That seems to consistently be the answer to most of these types of issues.