mirrorshades

Bell's Mind PBX broken?

23 posts in this topic

Just wondering if the PBX is offline/down/broken/fuX0red?

I've tried calling at different times over the last couple days, and just get an "all circuits are busy" message.

Or is this normal, designed to keep the incompetents out, and I'm just a luser who can't figger out how to get in? :)

Just wondering if the PBX is offline/down/broken/fuX0red?

I've tried calling at different times over the last couple days, and just get an "all circuits are busy" message.

Or is this normal, designed to keep the incompetents out, and I'm just a luser who can't figger out how to get in? :)

Which number are you trying with?

Which number are you trying with?

712-432-9020

Are there others? That's the one listed on the website, IIRC.

Nottheory has said many a time to email him directly about problems, don't just post it on binrev.

Yes, please e-mail me directly (ntheory@bellsmind.net) to get things like this resolved. Someone made me aware of this this morning and the real scoop is that we lost our DID again.

We were given warning from the upstream provider that it was going to happen but then they completely fell out of touch. Now it appears they were serious. I'm talking to another DID provider but I'll try to have something up temporarily either tonight or tomorrow.

If anyone knows DID providers that are cheap/free and don't care if we chew up channels at night please let me know. Make sure you don't suggest NuFone... :D

Nottheory has said many a time to email him directly about problems, don't just post it on binrev.
Yes, please e-mail me directly (ntheory@bellsmind.net) to get things like this resolved. Someone made me aware of this this morning and the real scoop is that we lost our DID again.

Ok... as I'm fairly new to it, I just figured it was something I was doing wrong. :)

Nono, it's us definitely. I'm still working on it. You'd think it'd be easy to get a DID nowadays but when you've blown through as many providers as we have (and burned bridges with a few of them) it gets to be tough.

Stay tuned...

In case any of you aren't aware, International Telecom recently switched over a few of their services to Asterisk, so they support IAX, too, now.

Hey everybody, I've been super delinquent on this. I'll be working on it this afternoon on the train home. The new number may be a 914 area code number if you're curious. Not sure how many channels they'll be providing though. If you find the limit, please e-mail me.

We're back up with a temporary number. Call 914-380-1003 and let me know if it works. I have no idea what the channel limitations of this provider are so I'll hold off on putting this up on the website until we can stress test it a bit.

It's working Ntheory, Thanks for getting the pbx back up. It seems that Suncom isnt disconnecting me from this carrier like they did the last one. On the last number after about one minute it they would disconnect me.

Edited by Cessna

Works... but I tried to bring up the BinRev podcast archive and one other option from the main menu, and was disconnected each time.

I hate to be a stickler for detail, but what codec are you using for the conferences? It sounds a bit rough around the edges to me. Anyway, though, one thing you should do is add a pause after the end of the menu annoucement on all the archives, so it doesn't disconnect you if you wait until the it's finished playing. If it's easy enough, an error message when something invalid, or nothing is pressed would be a bit more user friendly than just dumping the caller. Other then that, though, nice job :) .

Yeah, the prompts and such need work. It has been unmaintained for a while.

When you dial an episode number and get disconnected it's because the episodes aren't there. Let's work on a BM wishlist and try to prioritize it so I can work on what matters most. So far you've mentioned these issues:

1) Conference call quality

2) Getting dumped when an item doesn't exist

Anything else?

I have my setup to do uLaw/aLaw so it's most likely that my DID provider is passing me instead. That's the easiest for me to check. The second item should be just adding a simple invalid context and an error message. I'll try (but can't promise) that I'll get to both of these items this afternoon.

I really want to get things smoothed out so we can start making use of it again. Don't hesitate to suggest anything even if we don't do it already.

Edited by ntheory

Ok, the RFA and BRR menus are fixed. The conference call quality is a problem inherited from my upstream provider. I'll try to tweak it if possible but for now it'll probably stay the same. I have a deal with a new provider to get really nice quality channels but that will take time to get going. Once it does I'll post the new number.

Any other suggestions? Some of the other menu items are non-functional but should start working soon.

The PBX status screen works again. For some reason the website is VERY slow in FireFox but super fast in Opera. I'll try to look into that.

Anyway, the status screen can show you if people are in the conferences in the 5xx range. If you want people to know you're on a conference then you can idle in there and people can see it if they log in. Also, you can sign into your account on the PBX by dialing zero and following the prompts. Your user ID and PIN are on the "My Account" page. After you're signed in people can see who you are and where you go on the status page.

The PBX seems to be down again. Any updates on where the DID is going to be?

If you provide me a SIP addiress I can donate a DID or two... I don't know what is your call volume but we can try to make it work.

I know this has been mentioned several times in this thread already, but i guess it is worth repeating. You should email ntheory directly about bell's mind. I emailed him rather recently about the pbx being down and he seemed concerned about a general lack of interest.

I know this has been mentioned several times in this thread already, but i guess it is worth repeating. You should email ntheory directly about bell's mind. I emailed him rather recently about the pbx being down and he seemed concerned about a general lack of interest.

I enjoy it, I miss the heavy confs we use to do on there :(

Hey everybody. We're still stuck in the same cycle of DID issues. If you have DIDs or know providers that can give me DIDs cheap/free please e-mail me (ntheory@bellsmind.net). I'd love to get the site up and running with confs and other goodies I've developed over the past year but without DIDs it just can't happen.

While the site gets a few thousand hits a day I almost never hear from any of the users. If you need/want something you're best off to contact me directly. The more interest I see in the site the more likely I am to get things running again. I had a lead on free, toll-quality DIDs but unfortunately that appears to have dried up while I was building the new server to colocate.

I'd suggest a SIPNumber DID since they're free and all, but judging by the way it's working with TelePhreak, you'll only get one channel. Besides, the link to the site is broken, anyway.

I've gotten some leads on free DIDs. Please keep them coming. I'll be doing some testing soon with what I've found and it's always good to have backups.

If anyone knows of a NY-based CLEC that offers decent colocation and a clean, carrier-grade voice network please let me know even if it costs a decent chunk of change.