Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ed Piskor

Wizzywig 2 HACKER graphic novel!

29 posts in this topic

Hey Guys

I just got the first 51 pages of the next volume done and readable on my website: http://www.edpiskor.com/hacker2.html

pg_022pdf.jpg

pg_023pdf.jpg

pg_024pdf.jpg

If you are interested in seeing the first book you can grab it here: http://www.edpiskor.com/wizzy.html

If you are curious about hearing Stank Dawk and I talk about it you can check it out here:

http://hackerpublicradio.org/eps/hpr0018.mp3

I should have the rest of volume 2 done by fall, maybe end of the summer.

Hey Ed,

i was looking through some of the pages of the first volume and have a quick question. Is the graphic novel spoused be based on kevin mitnick? I noticed some similarities..

Never mind: I read another thread on the first book where you stated it was a compilation of a few people.

Edited by spyhunter

Pretty cool... man that stuff brings back memories.

It's looking real good.

I checked out your work and was excited to read a hacker comic. Now I just have goofy pictures of Bernie S. and Kevin as super heroes stuck in my head. :-)

Keep up the good work.

http://www.edpiskor.com/wizzy2.html

Looks like you can buy it now

Yeah, the book is finally available. These darn things take a long time to put together. Lots to research. I expect them at my door next week so that I can distribute them. I made sure to get your handle in this volume too, Famicoman.

Thanks a lot for supporting the project. I started doing the book without even considering an audience and I'm so stoked that you dudes are showing up, in a big way.

Who do you guys respect that I should get a copy to for a review?

I checked out your work and was excited to read a hacker comic. Now I just have goofy pictures of Bernie S. and Kevin as super heroes stuck in my head. :-)

Keep up the good work.

Hi Tenorclefninja, this hacker comic is a pretty big project that is now half-finished. I have the first volume you can check out here:

http://www.edpiskor.com/wizzy.html

and the new one is finally available here:

http://www.edpiskor.com/wizzy2.html

each volume is pretty self contained but if you read them all you will get the full experience.

Might sound a little strange but Jason Scott. I'm sure he'll have tons to say.

I second the vote for Jason Scott.

Edited by Seal

Yeah, the book is finally available. These darn things take a long time to put together. Lots to research. I expect them at my door next week so that I can distribute them. I made sure to get your handle in this volume too, Famicoman.

Thanks a lot for supporting the project. I started doing the book without even considering an audience and I'm so stoked that you dudes are showing up, in a big way.

Thanks for including my handle!

I just ordered my copy and can't wait.

I third the vote for Jason Scott. He is the only person I know of who claims to be a digital historian and actually puts the title to use.

Too late for him to send me a copy, I just bought my customary three. I promise to review this issue as I did the previous one.

I'm confused why people who have bought the book would want me to review it, unless you hope that I will spread the word.

Too late for him to send me a copy, I just bought my customary three. I promise to review this issue as I did the previous one.

I'm confused why people who have bought the book would want me to review it, unless you hope that I will spread the word.

You're knowledgeable in both comicbook-dom and hacker lore. And you write in proper English. So who better? :D

Edited by Seal

Hey Dudes.

This is for everyone who ordered the book. I have a shipment of books due to arrive at my place on Wednesday. If its early enough that day I'll get your books out then. If its a bit later in the day I will definitely ship them Thursday.

Thanks for you patience. I'm stoked to hear what you think of the new one.

Hey Dudes.

This is for everyone who ordered the book. I have a shipment of books due to arrive at my place on Wednesday. If its early enough that day I'll get your books out then. If its a bit later in the day I will definitely ship them Thursday.

Thanks for you patience. I'm stoked to hear what you think of the new one.

We stoked about it too.

Fedex came with the books today. Shipped them out to you this morn. So sorry for the delay.

Fedex came with the books today. Shipped them out to you this morn. So sorry for the delay.

Looking forward to checking the mail now.. that doesn't happen too often these days..

Give me a heads up when you get your copies. I'm very curious about your thoughts after you read too.

I think this one was just as good if not better than the first one. I particularly liked the part where Kevin and Winston se'd themselves into the telco. Also, got the allusion to The BBS Documentary and I think there were a few throwbacks to The Hacker Crackdown. Its good to see the amount of homework you have done in creating this. Its pretty cool seeing someone take on such a task and having it turn out really well.

The post/business card in the front also has a pretty kickass guy in a convertible.

Edited by Famicoman

Just got my copy in today.

I think it's pretty accurate at showing how simple SEing is with a little knowledge and confidence. I found it funny when he tapped his tappers and got the heads up on their intentions. I can relate to when he got greedy for knowledge, though I got a slap on the wrist instead of troubles he found.

{* note to you juveniles, when you're in the court room be humble, look scared. Don't look your attackers, er, accusers, er lead detective in the eyes. They hate that shit. -just trust me on that}

When he got into the Telco that was pretty good. BoingThump's has gotten an ego now, he's not meek anymore. He's headed for trouble. I have no idea where he's going, but I want to see what happens when he gets there. Will he score a laptop? will he start canning? I don't know.. but really want to find out what happens in volume 3.

I worked all day today, and will re read it when I'm not so tired... but I had to read it tonight.. I just had to.

Ed, Thanks for the shout out... I am humbled.

Thanks, these comics are entertaining.