ApolloSoldier

Total school shutdown...

7 posts in this topic

Although an interesting project, I don't see the point in it other to cause problems for other users. Are you aware that it would be very easy to trace, as in every computer the shutdown would be initiated on, the computer the shutdown(s) were initiated on would be listed in the dialog? There is a high possibility you would get caught, not to mention the pointlessness of this.

Not to completely contradict myself, to select all the computer would probably be as simple as initiating the command to the area of your network that the computers are listed under.

Correct me if I'm wrong, not to much experience with batch myself

I don't condone doing this on your school's network, however, if you wanted to test it out on your local network, then here is my advice.

First, do a net view to get a list of computers on the network.

EX: net view >> C:\output.txt

This will save the output of the command to C:\output.txt

next, i'd download a copy of Pstools (hxxp://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/FileAndDisk/PsTools.mspx)

After extracting the files to the C:\ drive I would create a vbs file such as:

Private Sub Form_Load()
Shell "C:\shutdown.bat", vbhide
End Sub

That would open the following batch file hidden from other users

Then, we create the batch file in C:\

@echo off
cd C:\
psshutdown -f @output.txt
del %~f0

Then, obviously, we open the vbs file.

If you are unsure of what PsTools are, you might want to look into it. Although I wouldn't recommend using the kit on your schools network.. very handy on your own network. Esp. psexec. psexec will allow you to get remote command prompt and other things over another computer on the local network.

Ex: psexec.exe \\MyComputer "cmd.exe"

Btw, if you are still intending to do this on a school's network, and you are a studen there, I'd recommend you reading up on other kids who did what you are doing.

hxxp://www.binrev.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=36912 (as a reference)

Edited by Trikk

this project really interest me. why not write a C++ program to loop through all the computers and just use the system() function to pass the command?

this project really interest me. why not write a C++ program to loop through all the computers and just use the system() function to pass the command?

If you're just using system calls, why bother writing it in C++?