Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jripper

vista hates p2p WTF!!!??

12 posts in this topic

Okay i have many p2p programs i have tried, it seem that in vista when you try to run p2p it works to a point, when you try to shut it down the main GUI shuts down but task manager still shows it running. I tired to use the use task manager to shut it down. nothing happens. it still runs. I try to start the program again. nothing. i even tried using Command

taskkill /f /im azureus/exe

it say it shuts down but its still running. anyone else have this problem and how can i fix it. i tried uninstalling and the usual stuff

Can you tell us what specifically software is not working?

Funny, in my mind I don't count bit torrent as p2p, although it obviously is.

Have you tried reinstalling Azureus? It is a notorious resource hog, try utorrent. Or even better yet setup a LAMP server and run torrent flux, I just started using and I'm on a recommend it to everyone kick.

Can you tell us what specifically software is not working?

both those have worked great with my vista, and lime wire actually works great too

Sounds like issue with the program itself or other things going on than the OS...

I run Azererus in Classic Mode without that VUZE crap and it works perfectly... (Vista Ultimate)

Also haven't seen it being a resource hog, I could be wrong however.

Also doesn't windows somehow limit max connections to like 200 due to, " security reasons"

Anyone know a way to switch this or wants to confirm this?

I prefer Azereus over any other Torrent application i've seen so far.

Limewire is like weatherbug, worst program's ever made. :)

Unless you are using ShuMod or one of the other features available only in that client, I suggest switching to uTorrent.

I guess i'll have to give uTorrent a try with all the rant I been hearing about it...

Think im in love.

Edited by friendless

okay guys i did some fiddling around and the problem remains with zonealarm. for some reason it prevents it from shutting down and doesn't permit connections after 10 mins.

vista hates everything

but really, verify where you downloaded the azureus installer and make sure it isn't backdoored.

Actually on second thought, try to trace the process the exe itself and scan it to make sure it isn't just a backdoor on your computer with it's process named after your default p2p program.

okay guys i did some fiddling around and the problem remains with zonealarm. for some reason it prevents it from shutting down and doesn't permit connections after 10 mins.

Not sure 100% for zone alarm but should be a way to make the application and all network orginiating from it exempted from any protection?