Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Talz

Little help really appreciated

4 posts in this topic

Ok long story short I do some admin work for an office which has learned this week the value of backing up data.

Accounts which cost them several thousand pounds were on that laptop alone with no backup (yes I did tell them to backup, they even had a setup for it.)

I cant remember the term for recovering files, but I've used free tools for it before. It's a Winxp install an im pretty sure it was only a quick format so I'm hoping its possible to get them back.

I can ask this in a lot places but yeah I know I'm a nub but I really am desparate here so flame away but any advice welcome.

What I need is a tool (free or otherwise I'm desparate as I say) that can aim for certain file types. Not preset like .img etc.. I dont actually have the filetype till tomorrow but its not really a mainstream thing so something I could set would be perfect (I'm working with limited hd space and a short time to get them back)

Any help would be great, thanks in advance.

clonezilla / dd_rhelp it all you need to backup stuff

if all you need is a partial backup use rsync and for M$ www.aboutmyip.com/AboutMyXApp/DeltaCopy.jsp

I can't find the official site, so run a search for "Restoration 3.2.13"