Hell Reapers

HOPE

27 posts in this topic

I would love to go. Alas this job that i have right now is not going to provide the money to do so. Also certain finances, probation, and ride are not going to allow me to go. Send me a post card? A video? Possibly with any luck i might be going to defcon this year. If anyone is in the Metro Detroit area and would like to go with me to Defcon lets start planning.

Awesome, I am going! Its going to be my first and last HOPE!

I shall be there and this will be my first and last hope as well.

Yeah, I'm sure I'll make it. I've been to HOPE before and didn't think much of it but as it's the last I'll find the time.

My first and last too. I can't wait.

-Light

I shall be there and this will be my first and last hope as well.

Wow, this the first time for lots of people.

Edited by phasma

I'm going back to Hope, and I'm looking for someone to share a room with. 150 bucks a night on my own is a little steep.

I will definitely be there. It'll be my second HOPE convention. You should all encourage everyone you know in the scene to go this year for the reason that it's the last one.

I'll be there. HOPE is one of my favorite American conferences simply for the fact that it's more like an international conference (i.e. no exclusivity and expensive entrance fee a la BlackHat, not too many raging drunks a.k.a. Defcon, etc.) Just straight up hackers. It's a bummer that there won't be another.

Just because they are calling it "the last hope" doesn't mean that it will actually *be* the last hope. It may or it may not.

but I plan on going.

Just because they are calling it "the last hope" doesn't mean that it will actually *be* the last hope. It may or it may not.

but I plan on going.

Yeah I was going under the presumption that it'll be the last HOPE. The name does have more than one meaning though, and they may decide to move its location and/or change the name in the future.

Since we are on the subject, has anyone pre-registered before? I'm considering doing that this year for $75, but I don't know how it works. Do they need your REAL ID when you pick up your badge? Or do you print out a receipt on your computer and give it to them? I ask because I want to use a prepaid gift card/credit card on my purchase to preserve my anonymity/privacy. I could easily give them the prepaid card and a print-out receipt, but I'd never use my real name.

this will be my first and last 2 :D

Well i wish I could go but it's a little to far for me to travel... have to say my money for vacation trip...

Hey what ever happen to the Defcon cd and information you were going to post for use.... Just wondering.

I wish i could go but i cant because 1. Parents 2. i live in the UK :(

but I plan on going.

Yeah I was going under the presumption that it'll be the last HOPE. The name does have more than one meaning though, and they may decide to move its location and/or change the name in the future.

Since we are on the subject, has anyone pre-registered before? I'm considering doing that this year for $75, but I don't know how it works. Do they need your REAL ID when you pick up your badge? Or do you print out a receipt on your computer and give it to them? I ask because I want to use a prepaid gift card/credit card on my purchase to preserve my anonymity/privacy. I could easily give them the prepaid card and a print-out receipt, but I'd never use my real name.

You preregister with a name and when you show up you give them anything with your name on it.

So if you register as

"Al Coholic"

you can check in/sign in by giving them something that says "Hello, I'm an alcoholic" because it has "Al Coholic" written on it.

You preregister with a name and when you show up you give them anything with your name on it.

So if you register as

"Al Coholic"

you can check in/sign in by giving them something that says "Hello, I'm an alcoholic" because it has "Al Coholic" written on it.

Well that doesn't make any sense for authenticating attendees who pre-registered. You'd think they want an ID, the credit card you used, a legal document with your name on it.... something like that. Anybody can put a fake name on something. I don't know if I have faith in them now. I'll probably just buy it when I get there like last time.

I'm going to and fro in NY all the damn time. I'm going to the city on the 5th and staying until the 7th. I could see myself realistically being able to attend HOPE this year. It would be cool to chill for awhile away from work with a bunch of hackers.

Woooo! Set you there. I've been given the "thumbs up" for HOPE.

Come on, I know there must be more people attending this year! Is this going to become the official "Who's going to HOPE" thread? It's around the corner now.

Come on, I know there must be more people attending this year! Is this going to become the official "Who's going to HOPE" thread? It's around the corner now.

I booked my room yesterday. I will be there. I have not committed to any presentations or anythign yet, but I did volunteer to relieve Rax on camera duty for a few sessions.

i leave for boot camp on the 21st so its kinda out of the question for me...

Cool... where are you headed? What MOS?