Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
delysid

T-Mobile Vmail Backdoors

16 posts in this topic

The T-Mobile backdoors in the form of NPA-NXX-9999 are gone. The +1.805.637.7243 still exists. Well, at least they are gone for NPA 513.

Correction: it may be an issue with my local VoIP provider where I work because now the local numbers are working. Maybe a false alarm.

Edited by delysid

The T-Mobile backdoors in the form of NPA-NXX-9999 are gone. The +1.805.637.7243 still exists. Well, at least they are gone for NPA 513.

I can't see the +1.805.637.7243 going away, it's what they program into most T-Mobile phones as the voice mail default number. Password protect your voice mail account and there should never be an issue.

Yeah, the main number will always work. I was just letting people know that the local numbers may not work anymore or are being phased out. I have tried spoofing caller ID to get into my wife's T-Mobile voice mail, but it does not work anymore. I guess they no longer us ANI for verification. I am curious to see what others have found with regard to how T-Mobile authenticates now.

Correction: it may be an issue with my local VoIP provider where I work because now the local numbers are working. Maybe a false alarm.

Edited by delysid

Yeah, the main number will always work. I was just letting people know that the local numbers may not work anymore or are being phased out. I have tried spoofing caller ID to get into my wife's T-Mobile voice mail, but it does not work anymore. I guess they no longer us ANI for verification. I am curious to see what others have found with regard to how T-Mobile authenticates now.

I'll try it on one of my accounts and let you know.

What number did you call to get into your wife's voicemail?

I believe I only called the local back door number +1.513.807.9999. It was a while ago, so I cannot remember. She does not have her voice mail setup to prompt for a password when calling from her phone, so I wanted to see if she was vulnerable. I wish she would password protect it even from her number, but it is her choice. I have not tried to spoof it with the 805-mes-sage number.

So what is this vmail backdoor thing?

Its just for TMobile am I correct?

And is there a way around the whole password prompt?

What exactly is this being used for?

-STD

I use the local back doors to check voice mail from landlines to avoid having to dial the long distance back door number. I will try to spoof if I get a card and will report back.

So what is this vmail backdoor thing?

Its just for TMobile am I correct?

And is there a way around the whole password prompt?

What exactly is this being used for?

-STD

They're called pilot numbers. To my knowledge, all cell phone providers have them. They are the number that (I believe) you are forwarded to when someone doesn't answer their cell phone and also the number that the cell phone user calls to access their voice mail. I'm pretty sure that PBX's have these too, I know that Nortel offers a service called "Call Pilot."

As for a way around the whole password prompt using pilot numbers, you can check out my post on hacking ATT wireless voicemail.

Well, from the main +1.805.MES.SAGE "back door" caller id spoofing to get into a mailbox still works. It does not work on the local numbers +1.NPA.NXX.9999.

Edited by delysid

Well, from the main +1.805.MES.SAGE "back door" caller id spoofing to get into a mailbox still works. It does not work on the local numbers +1.NPA.NXX.9999.

That's weird. It used to be the other way around for a while now. Are you sure that that number is her local voicemail backdoor number? What happens when she calls that number from her cell phone?

Also, you can get into the voicemail if you spoof the cell phone # as the cpn and call into the cell phone itself. The only downside, when calling a T-Mobile phone, is that it will ring. If I remember correctly a Sprint phone, on the toher hand, will not ring and will push you straight to voicemail.

On the latest Default Radio, Lucky actually explained that you can use MagicJack to spoof CPN, along with a Private Flag for Caller-ID. The advantage to this is if you call the person's cell phone, they'll only see "Private" on their Caller-ID, even though the CPN was spoofed as their own cell phone number. Then when your call gets forwarded to the voicemail system, it will see the CPN as their cell phone, and auto-log you in. this prevents the cell phone owner from knowing that the person calling is attempting to access their voicemail.

On another note, I heard my friend once spoof into a T-Mobile voicemail, and for some reason the owner was alerted that her messages had been checked. The only other detail I know is that she was using a Sidekick. I don't my recall my friend marking any new messages as read, yet she still knew of the intrusion.

Edited by Royal

I know that there is a voice mail indicator on the phone when you have a voice mail that goes away when you listen to the messages. T-Mobile does not allow you to mark one a "unheard'. I will have to play around with the T-Mobile voice mail a little more to answer your other questions. I may do that this evening.

Also, I am certain that the number is a local back door.

Edited by delysid

If you push # while the message is still playing you can jump to the next message and so the first message will remain marked as "new".

Excuse my newbieness here. I have to ask what is "cpn"? Until a few weeks ago I was able with a cheap tmobile and a card to spoof my way into a box using the 805 num. Now using the same method I just get "if you have a mailbox on the system, blah, blah, blah..." rather than straight into the box. What's changed? What are they using for verification now? Does anybody have a still working alternative that they could explain to me in basic/newbie terms?

Thanks for any insight you could provide me.

Incidentally, the other poster is right, # will skip over and leave a new message new. Two *s at the main menu will log you out in an orderly fashion. If only I could get the dang thing to still work!

Edited by whatsuphere

Hmmmm.......not working with spoof card. I'll try it with a different provider later today and report back.