Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
latency

Parse: Hack/Phreak

3 posts in this topic

I was telling Stank about this show that used to be on - hosted by Shamrock and Mantis and he wanted to see some episodes but I couldn't find any...

does anyone else have any archives or know where to find them?

Parse used to be the most popular show on Pseudo.com. A hack show with hiphop slang. The show was video streamed through Real Player. The bandwidth I had back then made it unwatchable. The hosts seemed to concentrate more on attitude than content.

Pseudo disappeared for years and just recently returned - less technical with more of a focus on music. In the Message Boards there are at least two threads regarding Parse. Their requests for archived episodes were not answered.

I would like to see Parse again. I wonder how the vocabulary stood up to time.

If memory serves me correctly Shamrock was the focus of that horrible MTV special on hackers. He tried to make himself out to be on a important quest for a disk one of his friends had and made it seem as if the police were after him, casting a bad light on real hackers everywhere. He later claimed that it was all a attempt to make MTV look bad. Needless to say i was never a fan of the show.