Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dig3st3dbacon

ipod rip

9 posts in this topic

i need a program to rip the music from my ipod video classic version. It has latest update and about 5 GB of data on it.

any help??

Considering i'm too poor to own an IPOD and i'm too lazy to google it and do some research:

Can't you just drag and drop out of the IPOD or use ITUNES or w/e that crappy program is? :)

thanks for that well thought out post.

no, itunes does not work like that.

no, itunes does not work like that.

Isn't that what iTunes is supposed to do? Grab music from the iPOD and download music for the iPOD?

Even though it puts it in some weird library format...

Winamp and Media Monkey both seem to work fine for this (if you're using Windows), and on Linux you can grab Rhythmbox or AmaroK. AmaroK seems to be more polished, but both work for the purpose you're describing (they don't even care if it's synched with another library like itunes would).

And, if the audio came from the itunes music store, then you'll also need to un-drm it as mentioned above.

Just a couple more ideas...

-cid

are the files already on your computer? I am pretty sure you are trying to put them onto another computer if im not wrong. Have you tried conecting the device in restor mode and then clicking the restor old settings?i did that by accedent on my computer at school and it sync all my files onto the school computer... really funny seeing that i have like 8 gb of movies lol