Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Does this mean my HD is gonna die?

15 posts in this topic

Lately I've been getting lot's of messages saying "This file is corrupted run chkdsk." Chkdsk finds the errors but doen't fix them. So am I screwed and in need of a new drive?

not necesarily

are you hearing any weird sounds out of your hdd?

have you tried defragmenting or reformating? that could fix it. usually when a drive is about to die it makes weird noises.

yeah, like the one on my xp b0x (the one that has absolutely NO business running XP) when i boot up it sounds like Mr coffee for like 1o mins

Every once in a while my HD sounds like a gear breaking on a transmission. Other times my whole computer smells funny, like its burning toast. I wonder if its time for a new computer?

LOL, I've got a fairly new 8 gig..the idiot who had it before decided that, rather than put in his tower the RIGHT way, he would drill holes in it so he could put it in the way he wanted. I don't think theres much more to say; you can use your imagination.

-=This bad HD experienced was brought to you by the Mr. Hotplug AGP and drill holes in HD man! Now getting M$ Certified so Microsoft will allow him to fuck up OTHER PEOPLES computers!=-

rofl agp hotplugging :lol:

yeah, psychopuppy knows we talked about agp hotplugging on cccpr (teh test ep), ive done it with a pci card...not fun.

Every once in a while my HD sounds like a gear breaking on a transmission. Other times my whole computer smells funny, like its burning toast. I wonder if its time for a new computer?

dude... i have one of those!

lol nawa my 8 gigger soundsd more like a prop plane tryin' to take off. :lol:

i have an old 325 meg hdd that does NOT have a cover on it and it worked for like 10 minutes without it on...it was the sweetest damn thing i had ever seen. it was booting up win95 and playing an mp3 and the thing was jumpin all over the place until i put a pin on the platter and started making circles on it...windows crashed

heh, kinda like a hard drive window mod, without the window

hmm...I have a few 150MB HD I could try this with, sounds fun ^_^

Edited by psychopuppy

i want to build a pewter box out of some of my dead HDs...

What are you still doing with that computer decoder?! Put that bitch on the train tracks now!

Before windows completly crashed on my a week ago I think, when I booted it would sound like a chainsaw till it booted everything. I tryed to rush it one day to get online and it went psycho on me. Was buzzing and humming and beeping till i crashed it...o well its fine now.

ERROR!